Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

Thanks ! The amp is ASR Emitter I, a fine german product and the tonearm is the 4point by Franc Kuzma. :)

Ontheone likes this.
  2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

9", 11" or 14"?

3. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

11" + Signal Projects Apollon tonearm cable + ZYX Ultimate 4D.

4. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very nice! I'm using a 14" with Air Tight Opus-1. Amazing arms!

5. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

Big Kuzma fan here myself.

6. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

Wow, so you have the "beast" !! Amazing arms and turntables from mr. Franc Kuzma. Not to mention that Kuzma products are kinda cheap compared to those of other companies that cost much more money and aren't superior.

7. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

And beast it is!
    [​IMG]

8. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

This is a great analog beast !! Can you please give me a link of your equipment ? It must be a special system :)

9. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Thank you Jazzer. It's all listed in my profile and there's a link to photos in my signature.

mktracy likes this.
  10. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Andy Warhol light !!! :righton:

' Clouds '

11. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] Soothes the soul of the audio pampered beast:)

12. Anton D

Anton D Forum Resident

It seems my short little span of attention has made it so I will likely never have "The System," just access to 'different' systems. For me, the joy is in hearing different ways of how we recreate sound. That's my disclaimer for tossing different odd systems into odd places at home...

So, here goes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Love those Sonus Faber Speakers, so beautiful looking and sounding! I'm on the hunt for a used pair locally!

trd likes this.
  14. athensdrums

athensdrums Forum Resident

The 2M Bronze is great! Had one on a Music Hall MMF 7.3 and liked it a lot. Enjoy!

Bananas&blow and Echoes Myron like this.
  15. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

WOW! Nice systems and House.

16. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

My dog loves to hang out too. Was spinning The Police - Ghost In The Machine 1st press that I bought the day it hit the record shop. Have about 60 hours on my new KEF R5. :evil:
    [​IMG]

17. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

I didn't like my 2M Bronze. I felt it was somewhat 2 dimensional and thin sounding. For the same price I much prefer the Hana EL or EH.

18. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

Chris i am sure that you will love these speakers when they will be placed in your home. Not only the sound, but their appearance is amazing. Italians are definitely design experts !

timind and Chris C like this.
  19. Chris C

Thanks, I'm hoping that I'll find a used pair of those Sonus Faber Olympica III's (or higher) in their line, in the near future!

True story, but while recently auditioning a bunch of speakers recently in Cincinnati, Ohio (Hanson Audio, anyone? That store is the Mercedes Benz stores of audio and I'm NOT lying!) and the kind young lady who was allowing my auditions recommended that I listen to the Sonus Faber Olympica III's. They are so very professional and she had them set up in about ten minutes for my wife and I. Well, the first thing before I ever hit the button on their CD player to hear them and I just couldn't believe how beautiful those speakers are. That wood looks like a classic old Chris Craft boat and the color choices of said wood are all top notch and then they have these gorgeous grills that just give them this wonderful finishing touch, visually.

So, I start listening to my self-made CD-R, with Lossless quality tracks on it and the sound is really, really good. At first my wife said what I was thinking and that was that they really remind me of my twenty year old Paradigm Studio 100 v2's and they really do have that same sound, only with a better tweeter and far, far better mid-range. (I still believe that old pair of Paradigm's are magical, especially for only being $2,000 when new). Anyhow, on comes Steely Dan's "Haitian Divorce" and when it comes to that part of the song "Papa say, ohh woah, no hesitation ...", I turn to my wife and I said that I have NEVER, EVER heard that fluty sounding thing so clear before (and believe me, I know that song like the back of my hand!). The midrange on those Olympica III's is down right amazing. And the best part is, they are NOT gigantic speakers at all, like most others that I have auditioned, which makes both my wife and I happy! I can only imagine how great Sonus Faber's higher line must sound? Sadly, the Olympica III's new, is getting into the "too much money" for my bank account, if you know what I mean?

. (NOT MY VIDEO, by the way, just sharing it for example!)

Dennis0675, bluemooze and timind like this.
  20. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

But still quite reasonably priced for what goes into these things.

I'm amazed sometimes coming across used Sonus Faber speakers, just how reasonably priced they are.

Chris C likes this.
  21. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

Olympica series are in the middle range of Sonus Faber's pricelist. Venere are also a decent and much cheaper choice. :)
    But, in case you prefer the Olympica series, go for the III and not for the II, because the bass is deeper.

trd likes this.
  22. Chris C

Thanks for the heads up, as I like the bass to go deeper!

23. Jazzer

Jazzer Forum Resident

I am glad to help ! In case you travel in Athens-Greece (my country is a perfect place for summer vacations, we have many wonderful islands) I have nice jazz music and cool beer/wine here ! :)

24. Chris C

How very kind of you and if I should ever venture to your beautiful part of the world, I'll be sure to contact you, thanks!

25. Galactus2

Galactus2 Forum Resident

Heh. Is he listening to ‘his master’s voice’?

And is that a ‘Thick As A Brick’ album in your newspaper rack? If so, that is a superb and sublime touch. Double thumbs up. :righton: