Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

And not everyone that is looking to get their picture in front of that house is cool. If you don’t put some limits there would be a drum circle and “camping” in front of your house. Definitely a bunch of hippies trippin balls. That’s got to make it tough to carry in groceries.

2. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I’ll likely need to do that at some point, as the record storage we have in the living room is getting full and I am not sure we quite have the space to expand it. I struggle a bit with how to organize the collection if it’s being kept in different spaces. Does this shelving ultimately have space for all your records, and then you just have a small selection out for listening? Or is it more like you have two separate libraries?

bever70 likes this.
  3. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

One library really, but the Thorens td125 sitting useless on that shelf now will be sold so I can fill that space with newly acquired records who are downstairs now in the living room. The easiest thing to do really would be to take out 10 or 20 or whatever lp's sitting next to eachother to bring downstairs for listening just beacuse that is the easiest to put them back afterwards. But I usually pick some out randomly, so putting the back afterwards is a bit of a hassle :p.

Big Blue likes this.
  4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

That's unfortunate... but yes, I regularly saw tourists milling about in front.

5. action pact

Excellent choice of beverage, Dennis!

In the late '90s, I played a gig in Chico, CA, and the next day we went over to the Sierra Nevada brew pup/factory for lunch. They were serving a small batch of a special brew (I think it was an Indian Pale Ale?) that was only available on tab at local establishments.

Before leaving, we all got down on our knees and bowed before the brewing tanks.

6. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Just swapped out my speaker cables from Belden 9497 with banana plugs bi-wired from A and B speaker source to AudioQuest Rocket 33 bi-wire speaker cables with 2 banana plugs at A source to 4 banana plugs at speakers. Had no idea there were a pair of these 10 ft Rocket 33s in the box, so I have another set of the same on the way, so I'll be selling those after I get them.

timind, Manimal and Dennis0675 like this.
  7. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

While I respect their wishes, they should have known what they were in for when they made that purchase. Reminds me of people who purchase a house on a golf course and get pissed when people trample across their lawns to retrieve a stray ball. What did you think was going to happen Einstein? :confused::crazy:

FillmoreGuy, Big Blue and Frost like this.
  8. Exactly. I know the folks who bought the Fulton Street Jefferson Airplane mansion from the band. They are cool and experience some of the same rock tourist visits.

Just need to be respectful.

9. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I have those rocket 33. I like them a lot.

10. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Rocking some Jimi on a Sunday afternoon. Good times...

JUCO, barfko, kevinsponge and 45 others like this.
  11. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Plus 1 on the Pale Ale. I recommend this.

[​IMG]

PhilBiker, nolazep, mktracy and 2 others like this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice!

Dennis0675 and SirMarc like this.
  13. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Thanks bud

Manimal and Dennis0675 like this.
  14. action pact

420, huh? I think they're making the wrong intoxicant.

15. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

A little better lighting.

[​IMG]

I spent a few hours cleaning the rack, components and managing a cable situation. I moved the analog end back in from an other system and added the ADS and a Audioquest power strip. It’s like a new system all over agin.

16. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Like your system especially you're vintage Mac!

Dennis0675 likes this.
  17. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Enjoying my office system. LS50 and tubes just sound so...right.

[​IMG]

18. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Liking your setup here... mind sharing your speaker stands brand or link. Would truly appreciate it! TIA

19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

George, these photos make your birthday gift video from Norm Macdonald even funnier. Mr. Modern indeed!

:D

20. cbucki

cbucki Forum Resident

21. bever70

Come on man, show off that great looking wood floor and ditch the carpet (for a smaller one maybe) ;):D!!

PhilBiker and SandAndGlass like this.
  22. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Actually, if anything, I would suggest moving the carpet such that it covers more of the area in front of the right channel speaker to help with floor bounce...

PhilBiker and ceynon like this.
  23. bever70

I believe that's palisander wood ? It is a crime against humanity to cover up any palisander wood floor, should have chosen oak, cherry or whatever if you want to throw carpets on it :uhhuh:!

24. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I don’t necessarily disagree with your suggestion, aesthetically, though I would assume this is an apartment and cbucki did not choose the wood species for the floor. ;)

PhilBiker and bever70 like this.
  25. action pact

What a great-lookin' pad! I love seeing the city lights outside.

JeffMo, BigGame, CDFanatic and 2 others like this.