Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ninjur

Ninjur Forum Resident

Today I could move in my sofa. So now I have two VERY cozy recliner chair and my sofa, so I have best of two worlds. I hope to start with my new vinyl storage that will be behind the sofa (at the orange wall), set-up the projector (in the room behind) and fix the surround speakers next week.

[​IMG]

Starwanderer, Dave, arar and 21 others like this.
  2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

The fire... THE FIRE!
    Love it:)

Memphisflash and Ninjur like this.
  3. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice art:)

Drewan77 and Trabik like this.
  4. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice!

kenrothman likes this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

6. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Been a very busy fall for my room. I've added a Denon AVR, 4 height channels so with those, existing rears, and fronts, along with a theater-only sub (plus one integrated to my fronts for "large" front speakers), I now have an Atmos/DTS:X theater and 103" widescreen projection system, along with all my old 2-channel gear. With the Schiit Saga, I can do "home theater bypass" simply by maxing the volume control. Kind of a cool little trick. I can listen to my analog or digital rigs without the AVR in the circuit, or I can feed the AVR from my PC and watch movies, stream shows, whatever. Watching Hans Zimmer - Live in Prague, right now as a matter of fact, in Atmos surround.

I love it :)

Also got rid of my office chair and desk, for a knockoff Eames chair and ottoman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(old pic of height channels)
    [​IMG]

Can basically do anything A/V down here now, including game with a reasonably powerful gaming PC on an Ultrawide monitor that sits next to the chair.

7. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Sam, this is a phenomenal shot.
    Made me look at your profile page.
    You really should copy those pics to here.
    You have a truly classic system & epic vinyl collection.
    Really takes me back to my early interest in audio & the gear I drooled over.
    As drool-worthy as ever :cool:

Manimal, PhilBiker and sberger like this.
  8. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Thanks. That's very kind of you.

I've been doing this for a very long time, and what I've eventually put together is a decent grouping of gear that sounds good together and gets reasonably close to what I liked best about friends/acquaintances systems that I could only dream about years ago. There's still stuff that I long after, but overall I've more or less reached that point where I can't think of anything that need/want to replace.

Here are a of the couple profile pics that you referred to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Well, so much for *my* record collection...

SandAndGlass and PhilBiker like this.
  10. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Not a competition, and I'm guessing that there are many here with collections that are much larger then mine.

Besides, it's about quality, not quantity.

izgoblin, Dennis0675, bever70 and 4 others like this.
  11. mongo

mongo Senior Member

True, but it can be about the quantity of the quality :)

12. This is my refugium (front & rear side of the room first floor.)
    From left: T + A amplifier / DENON CD recorder/Player - Braun Turntable - Nakamichi DRAGON CD deck - 2 Braun open reel and mixing unit in the middle. TV is connected to the system for recording the sound track. Listen much with headphones. 50% of the collection. The other half is in a separate room.

[​IMG]

My workstation in the basement with a noteboock for creating the CD covers of digitized tapes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Starwanderer, arar, Dan C and 31 others like this.
  13. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

I wholeheartedly agree with quality over quantity. I just moved and even moving 500 or so records reinforced that sentiment with fury! Grabbing a few at a time made me oblivious to how wildly heavy a box of 50 can be. Now I know why you stay put!

SandAndGlass and sberger like this.
  14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Lately for every record I bring in I try to get rid of something. There's a lot of stuff that not only don't I listen to anymore, but given my tastes and where I am in my life don't believe I ever will. So I've been trading with my local store a lot for titles for genre's that are more in line with my current taste.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm still acquiring stuff that my local store doesn't have/carry, but at least I'm trying:rolleyes:

15. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nothing much new, bigger tv and rearranged a little, so took some shots

16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

All I’m trying to do is compete and win.

rocnred, izgoblin, timind and 3 others like this.
  17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I hereby declare you winner.

rocnred, timind and Dennis0675 like this.
  18. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

[​IMG]

19. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Here's a photo of most of the main system in the basement family room. Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V990 AV unit with 5 speakers hooked up (Celestion DL-8 IIs for L/R and NHT SuperOnes for center and rear). Turntable is a Technics SL-1210GR running an AT450 cart. Hidden behind the album cover is an Onkyo CS5VL CD player, a JVC XL-V431 cassette deck and a Motorola VCR!

[​IMG]

20. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

And yes, those are video cassettes in the outer cabinets and a blonde Tele and tweed Pro Jr. off to the left.

Slimwhit33 and OC Zed like this.
  21. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

I wanted some sort of illumination to operate my DIY turntable at night. I had been using a rechargeable LED reading light, but keeping it charged proved to be a pain.

I tried a few clip-on and clamp-on LED light fixtures, but discovered that the switching supplies they used generated noise that the phono system picked-up and amplified, and I had spent a lot of time and effort making my phono playback chain pretty much silent. I thought of wiring one directly to the same linear supply that drives the turntable motor, but many of these lamps have additional voltage regulation (switching) built into the head itself.

I don't need (or actually want) a lot of light, just enough to be able to drop an album over the spindle, give it a sweep, and drop the needle in the lead-in.

So I found some 12V LED bulbs intended to replace the mounting bolts on motorcycle license plates (to illuminate the plate). I ordered a derivative ($8) and made a little bracket. It functions like a little target light on a Technics table, except mine is at the rear instead of front. It comes on when the turntable is powered-up, which is controlled via a linear power supply on the bottom shelf of my turntable "rack." The LED introduces no noise whatsoever into the playback chain.

I went with the rear placement because I figured I would be less likely to damage an album, as this thing can't be pushed down below the surface.

The photo makes it seem sorta bright but it isn't, I think the specs say just 3- or 4-lumens, which is all I need. I'm glad I didn't order the slightly larger 30-lumen model, that would be too bright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Covered the TV and coffee table for some serious listening :cheers:

[​IMG]

23. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Wish I could like some of these posts multiple times. Wow.

24. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Pics of System 2, upstairs, below. See basement system here (with new parasound amp not pictured): Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

So, very simple: Tidal hq to Chromecast to Schiit Modi to Rotel integrated to kimber 8vs to Goldenear Triton 2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  25. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

Nice little system, but the Coltrane picture and the Dead boxset sold it for me!:righton:

LedZep2, Mad Dog, trd and 1 other person like this.