Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Very nice. Love the exposed brick.

Djohm likes this.
  2. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

It's projected on the screen ;).

3. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Beautiful!
    ....that cabinet is really nice too! ... new piece....or vintage?

Rick58 likes this.
  4. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Close... ;)

Dennis0675 likes this.
  5. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

The after looks fantastic and mix of materials, brick, tile, wood, really work well together and a much simpler and great looking system!

Edit: Wow the brick is projected??!! It looks so real well done there too!

Djohm likes this.
  6. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

It's vintage: mid-century Silvertone tubed console. I gifted this to my wife last year which propelled my audio journey. Fully functional and I love its colored sound. Heard it and I was hooked. Unfortunately, my wife wouldn't let me roll the tubes or anything... which may not be a bad thing.

[​IMG]

Isamet, 33na3rd, warp2600 and 23 others like this.
  7. jonwoody

Wowza I want one! :drool:

Djohm likes this.
  8. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Thank you for the props. I thought of putting the screen away but I wondered if it'll get ruined. I had an inspiration look and decided to look for a solution, and came up with the inexpensive "tapestry". I'm glad it worked out well with the look.

9. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Stunning find!!!

Tim 2 and Djohm like this.
  10. BluTorch

BluTorch Forum Resident

What a beautiful piece!

Djohm likes this.
  11. Jim Hodgson

Jim Hodgson Galvanically Isolated in Greenpoint

I figured I’d post a few photos of my system—particularly my speakers—and thereby mark a transition. At this point, I’ve already ripped these speakers apart and started experimenting on what I hope will become version two-point-oh—different horns, different drivers, with some different amplifiers. Making progress but not there yet.

In the meantime, I’ll miss ’em: some of the most compelling speakers I’ve ever heard. I’m sure that sounds atrociously braggy; it’s not meant to. Instead, it’s simply to highlight the fact that something very special can emerge when the speaker is built not just for, but actually in, the room where it’s meant to be heard. No compromises in the form of assumptions or guesses; instead, every minuscule revision gets real-time feedback.

There are other ideas I want to explore, though. And when it comes right down to it, I believe I can do better. So I’ll try. And hey, if I’m wrong, I can always find my way back. But ’til then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BDC, Kyhl, Bevok and 74 others like this.
  12. jonwoody

Those look fantastic well done and good luck on your project I'm sure they will sound very special also!

Jim Hodgson and Echoes Myron like this.
  13. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Kudos for putting together an awesome looking system! If it sounds as good as it looks then its a job well done.

Jim Hodgson and Echoes Myron like this.
  14. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

No doubt that sounds WHOA!

But this might be the lowest WAF score I've seen on this entire thread. Bachelor? :D

Tullman, Tim 2, rem 600 and 8 others like this.
  15. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

very nice looking and i bet sounding system.
    one suggestion, move your amp someplace that is open above it. tube amps do not like to have a shelf above them, the tubes and electronics in the enclosure will experience higher than recommended temperatures because of lack of air flow. this will shorten the life of the tubes and components, especially capacitors.
    a fan may help but is a hassle and not as effective. tubes should "see the ceiling".

kdejonge, Erik B., jonwoody and 2 others like this.
  16. Jim Hodgson

Jim Hodgson Galvanically Isolated in Greenpoint

Now THAT is quite an honor!

Haha! Happily married, actually. I’ve been told my wife is a very tolerant woman.

rem 600, Slimwhit33, mreeter and 6 others like this.
  17. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Maybe she just is a rare kind of person who had a true appreciation for quality?

rem 600, jonwoody and Rick58 like this.
  18. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

PS Audio M700 monoblocks in the house!

As before, please pardon the room, it's kind of half assed at this point. We're in a new house that we're going to renovate some frigging day! Covid is really slowing everything down to a crawl. Ugh.

[​IMG]

I'll post another picture once everything is done and looking good

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 41 others like this.
  19. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

20. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

I hope the M700s run cool enough there's not a concern stacking them (and preamp on top). I'm sure things sound very good!

21. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

They run pretty cool (mosfet input stage/Class D output stage), but once I get the work done in here, I'll be rearranging everything to at a minimum look better.

Also very curious about separating them due to the Stereophile claim that they sound better side by side and not stacked. Seems a little out there to me, but in this hobby you never know right? Lol

Manimal, SandAndGlass and Rick58 like this.
  22. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Frida!

Funky54 likes this.
  23. krambigmac

krambigmac Forum Resident

Awesome! I have never seen that album on LP anywhere before. It gets plenty of play in my car and not a single song needs to be skipped, it's so good.

Funky54 likes this.
  24. jonwoody

Looks good! Just wondering do you choose your beverage based on the album you're playing? :cool:

Funky54 likes this.
  25. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Very nice TT you have there and you're spinning one of my fav Mellencamp albums. Now More Than Ever needs to be played loud IMHO

Funky54 and Echoes Myron like this.