Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Voltaire

Voltaire Forum Resident

Weird right?

The valve amps are the same, identical not mirrored...:confused:

2. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Nice, looks great! I wish Clearaudio would still make the acrylic turntables.

oboogie likes this.
  3. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

4. I wish I lived on the East Coast donut would be easier to visit the Oswald Mills guys. I'm definitely intrigued by their approach and your speakers are at the top of my list to hear one day.

It's impossible to find reviews of any of their equipment (professional or otherwise). Would love to see a write up from you on how you came to own this system and what you find the strengths and weaknesses to be. :)

bhazen, Tim 2 and timztunz like this.
  5. Progress. Awhile back I posted the Roth Radiant floor panels that were installed over the slab. Last week the engineered wood floor laid down over and the warmth from the heated tubes is perfect.

I created an office/lounge, a bedroom, the record room and an updated bathroom.

Here are progress images of the record room and office. The record shelves are IKEA Bonde which I've had since 2002. They are discontinued. Too bad as they are perfect for LPs and have a more finished built in look. You can use with or without doors.

Next weekend I'll start loading in my LPs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  6. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Very impressive, Mazzy. You're making great decisions and going slow and deliberate. That will be a killer pad once everything is in its place.

cat9 likes this.
  7. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Moving and unpacking is still a work in progress, but I set-up some of the system today since I'm impatient.

[​IMG]

8. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

9. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Where did you get those nifty sound proofing squares?

10. October Man

Sorry to disappoint you RZ. They are colour changing mood lights I bought in my local B&Q. I got 2 of them and double-sided taped them together to make one panel

:)

11. It has begun. Hopefully this weekend I can start loading in the rest of my collection ...

[​IMG]

12. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

That's pretty cool!

October Man likes this.
  13. That's only an approximation where the Ls will be. The Beatles will be in a completely separate section

14. timind

timind phorum rezident

See how I fixed that for you?

Mazzy likes this.
  15. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Mazzy, do you have the record shelves secured to a stud? Looks like they could be top heavy.

hal jones likes this.
  16. No. I had these for 12 years in SF ( lasting through several earthquakes) and they are secured to each other front and back and have a great bottom and side support.

fuse999 likes this.
  17. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

looks like they came from the lego store

18. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't like black too much, but, those Denon components are really good-looking and well-polished :righton:

They are an integrated amp and a CD player, right? I don't think Denon is still making them anymore, or am I wrong?

19. Ozoid

Ozoid Member

The new pad looks great. Ditto for the audio system, office floor & LP storage.

But what I want to know is: whassup with the Columbia gold record?

20. When I was in the record biz in the 1970s I won a display promo contest for Box Scaggs Silk Degrees album. I was given a Platinum Record Award made out to me

21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

The 70's Yamaha equipment was my favorite of that era. I had a few pieces then, and later for vintage "second" systems, and always sounded great! Very good looking as well in my opinion.

CrazyCatz likes this.
  22. October Man

Yes, its an amp and cd player, bought at the end of 2014

23. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Yeah, I agree 100%!

This weekend a friend is going to help me re-cap the CR-1020, just as preventative maintenance. I look forward to seeing what, if any, changes/improvements this brings.

24. Of course there is a typo: Boz Scaggs.

25. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I saw Boz Scaggs when he toured with Steve Miller. Triple bill days with the James Cotton Blues Band opening. Small high school or college room with metal folding chairs and Steve Miller would sit and play acoustic guitars. Nobody knew who Boz Scaggs was then. I had heard he was a friend of Millers and Steve Miller was sort of propping him up those days. Then a few years later Scaggs comes out with Silk Degrees and was catapulted to stardom.

Andy Saunders likes this.