Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Haha. I’m still VERY happy.

cat9 likes this.
  2. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

That is such a lovely room and a very nice simple system too! And love the music cabinet.

Seafinch likes this.
  3. jonwoody

Love the vibe in there dark and light woods, mood lighting, very stylish and the receiver looks great!

Rick58, trd and cat9 like this.
  4. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Thx...I'm a bit of a mole :laugh:
    ....even before I retired my office was always the "dark" one with only accent lighting

Rick58, trd, Tim 2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Congrats on the new home and most especially - your upcoming baby! Lots of excitement coming your way.

mreeter and Rick58 like this.
  6. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Digging the cozy listening space.

Rick58 and cat9 like this.
  7. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Mind sharing the reason for returning to tube and the Harbeths? I remember you having a a Luxman SS with the Harbies. I've been eyeballing the C7s as my next set. I'm afraid it'd be sooner than the 5 year plan I had.

Seafinch likes this.
  8. Seafinch

I had Luxman with the C7s before I got the Rogue the first time around. After that I tried Devore, Audio Note and then a brief stint with some Klipsch Cornwalls most recently. Lots of different amps during that time too. Nothing could ever compare to the emotional engagement and right tonal balance (for me) as the C7s. With the return to the C7s I tried a Yamaha a-s2100 but I knew they were still missing that last little bit of dimensionality that high powered tubes could add, so I picked up the new Rogue CMIII. I’m extremely happy now!

ogdens_sliced, Ulises, timind and 7 others like this.
  9. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

I thought of going to SS integrated (Yamaha 2200/3200) with the C7s but learning of your journey may have helped me decide to bypass that route and stick with tubes. I truly enjoy my current all tube setup. Just not quite sure if my Mystery PA11's 40 wpc would be enough to drive the Harbeth C7s.

10. Seafinch

It’s worth a try. The specs only call for 25w+ but most people find they really start doing their thing with more power. I’ve never tried anything with 40w, but it’s definitely within range.

Djohm likes this.
  11. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

VERY NICE !!!

Tim 2 and Seafinch like this.
  12. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. A bonafide magical combination, congrats.

13. Seafinch

Thanks man! I knew you’d understand.

14. fully_articulated

fully_articulated Forum Resident

We've just moved house and I finally have a proper living space to set up the listening gear in, rather than shoving it all up against the wall. Currently moving the speakers around trying to find the best spot for them.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I get to contribute something to this thread at last. I've been admiring the systems here for years now!

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 46 others like this.
  15. jonwoody

Congrats on the new house! And nice system!

fully_articulated likes this.
  16. Kjellpo

Kjellpo Forum Resident

What was your impression of the Cornwalls, what modell and what amp did you pair them with?
    As a previous owner of C7s (love them!!) I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Cornwalls.

Tim 2 likes this.
  17. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Life goals.

Seafinch likes this.
  18. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

The Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum has to be one of the best values in Audio, I can only imagine just how good the Harbies sound mated with it. Great combination:righton:

19. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

How would you describe the sound?

mreeter likes this.
  20. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

It's been sometime since I've owned the Cronus Magnum, I had the original version. I would say that members Seafinch and Avanti1960 could give you a much better report that I could. I do remember the Cronus had a nice Spacious, Holographic Stage, with 100 Watts of Tube Power under it's belt, it had plenty of juice for my 6 OHM, 90 dB Speakers.

With only one small signal tube (12AU7) in the Preamp Section it certainly won't break the bank to roll several to your liking. The Cronus always responded favorably with Preamp Tube changes and the other small signal tubes as well. I also rolled in some EL-34's in the power section, oh that EL-34 Midrange is intoxicating.

Bout all I got, I can say that I replaced the Cronus with a separate Rogue Perseus Preamp and a pair of their M-180 Mono Blocks, and the Cronus was not embarrassed in the least.

wellers73, ggjjr, Joyoo and 3 others like this.
  21. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

huge spacious sound stage
    smooth life like vocals that float in space
    musical instrumentals that have rich natural tone
    about as unfatiguing a sound you could hear
    detailed treble yet smooth and with an airy space i have not heard before or since, striking cymbals and percussion, muscular bass and dynamics.
    an easy to love sound with a system that has such synergy it can embarss much more costlier amp speaker pairings.

rocnred, wellers73, warp2600 and 4 others like this.
  22. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Would it match my Spendor BC1's. Sounds like a winner. I'm in the market for amplification the end of this year (budget around $2500). So far really like the idea of the 25/7 Croft combination. I don't know much about specs and technical side of this hobby.

23. Seafinch

This ^

I’ve only heard this amp paired with the Harbeth C7s but what @avanti1960 describes is my experience too. I have had much more expensive setups since my first go around with these and nothing ever compared. One thing to note, while the CMII was a very quiet amp, the CMIII is dead silent. I’ve never had a setup with this low of a noise floor.

wellers73, bluemooze, Rick58 and 2 others like this.
  24. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

RemyM, I knew these guys could explain it better than I:winkgrin:

Seafinch, avanti1960 and RemyM like this.
  25. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

You did great!

mreeter and Seafinch like this.