Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The speakers are absolutely gorgeous regardless.

Luc.Benac likes this.
  2. Luc.Benac

Luc.Benac Forum Resident

Cheers and sound great to boot.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

Beautiful shot of your room philos.

djost, RiRiIII and jonwoody like this.
  4. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

After some housekeeping

[​IMG]

5. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Koetsu taking a ride on the Kenwood courtesy of a Jelco HS-30 headshell and Expressimo counterweight. This cart loves a heavy duty arm, and it sings on the end of this Kenwood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 80talisten

80talisten Forum Resident

After upgrading to Monitor Audio Silver 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    A_Lad_Insane, Dred, JUCO and 66 others like this.
  7. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

So here's the multi-channel listening room (aka home theater). The room is 25' x 15'. The screen is an Elite electric drop-down (150 inch). The projector is a BenQ 2550. The speakers are all B&W CM series (5.1 channel).

[​IMG]

Here are the electronics: A Macintosh MX121 processor, The Amps are Parasound A21 (2 channel) and an A31 (3 channel). Also a JC3 for the phono.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    A_Lad_Insane, Dred, JUCO and 66 others like this.
  8. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

@Matt Richardson - nice setup! What stand is this?

9. Matt Richardson

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    waaguirr, timind, Rick58 and 2 others like this.
  10. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I'm on way over! :laugh::-popcorn:

EG.

11. Bodhi1

Bodhi1 Active Member

Here is a photo of my system with my old Magico S5 Mk1's. I've since upgraded to S5 Mk2's + SPods and Critical Mass Systems CS2.0 feet. There is great synergy between Vitus and Magico!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    A_Lad_Insane, Dred, JUCO and 58 others like this.
  12. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Room in progress. Moved from a cavernous loft style place to a single family home with my system in the basement. Six months later working on getting the basement in order. Still no record shelves and digging records out of boxes, but I’m loving my new ls50 metas and listening to music again.

[​IMG]

13. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

14. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Why the black wall (other than it looks cool)?

Michael Ries likes this.
  15. Roger P

Roger P Forum Resident

Hey Folks,
    Figured it was time to introduce myself, I have been lurking for years.
    I am one of those that is all about cost versus performance and the way equipment is today you can get a truly great sounding set up for reasonable funds, at least reasonable to my wallet.
    I recently purchased Polk LSIM 703's on crazy sale, replacing my Q Acoustics 3030i's.
    I know some folks could take or leave Polk but, at the price they are going for it was a no brainer to me.
    While the Q Acoustics are truly and amazing speaker for the price, the LSIM 703's to me are a game changer for my listening delight.
    After messing around with speaker break in/ placement for 2 weeks I hit a point last night.
    I hit a point where I sat down one last time and ran some music, lets just say I was transformed to another space with the music!
    Everything came together and the musical presentation was almost 3D, I felt like I was in the music not just listening to it.
    What I was hearing was unreal at that moment in time to my ears.
    Love this forum.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, A_Lad_Insane and 61 others like this.
  16. Beatles4503

Beatles4503 Senior Member

"I hit a point where I sat down one last time and ran some music, lets just say I was transformed to another space with the music!
    Everything came together and the musical presentation was almost 3D, I felt like I was in the music not just listening to it.
    What I was hearing was unreal at that moment in time to my ears."

Quote from Roger's post above. To me, this is what our hobby is all about!

Good on ya Roger!

17. Roger P

Roger P Forum Resident

Thanks, I have been dormant in the hobby for years.
    Just got back into it a couple of years ago.
    Last night I just kept thinking wow this sounds unreal!
    I had truly forgot what I have been missing, I was into the home theater thing for a while but for music that does nothing for me.
    This is my uber simple setup, I live primarily in the digital domain but have been known to spin some vinyl every now and then.
    I have been swapping in and out all different kinds of gear over the last year or so, some expensive some not and I keep coming back to these components.
    They just seem to work for my ears and space.
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

18. kaikki on aivan jees

kaikki on aivan jees Forum Resident

I see you’ve got a Buckeye (NCore) amp; which one and how do you like it?

Rick58 likes this.
  19. timind

timind phorum rezident

Love this setup, and the stairs are pure awesome!!

Jay hartman likes this.
  20. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

It looks dark blue to me on my computer. What is the real color and why the dark colored selection?

21. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Polk LSiM703 loudspeaker The Polks do seem very special. Astonishingly flat response as JA says. But certainly best to have a 4 ohm rated amp with them. Relatively efficient so super high power not needed.

NC252MP (assuming ...)
    - 2x180w @ 2ohm
    - 2x250w @ 4ohm
    - 2x150w @ 8ohm

seems like excellent grunt for these, the wattage goes down a bit (from 2x) for each ‘halving’ of impedance, I assume due to current limitations, but still plenty of oomph.

having the 2 ohm rating is excellent, seems to show the amp is good and stable into 2 ohms. The equivalent load could be demanding from these speakers (4 ohms or so but having nonzero phase at that frequency).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  22. Roger P

Roger P Forum Resident

I cant remember which modules are in there, but there are 2, bridged and dual mono-2 channel-something like 400 watts per channel.

It has gobs of good clean power, at least seems that way to me.

I have had it for about 4-5 months and really like it so far.

23. Roger P

Roger P Forum Resident

I have had them for about 3 weeks now, some people say they are a little spicey on the top end but, I have not really heard that yet.
    They do not like poor recordings though and they will let you know, at least to my ears.
    They really do like clean power and seem to be playing nicely with my NCore Class D amp set up so far.
    Yes I do believe they are the NC252, but running dual mono, so there are 1 module for each channel..
    Rick, some of the technical stuff you speak is above me to a point, I go by my ears and space mostly.
    I have tried really reading and understanding the deep technical side of components but, I would rather listen than read about it.
    I did have a brief DIY stint and built a nice set of speakers and it was fun but way to involved on the technical side for me to do it again, its not that I can't I just do not wish.
    I love the knowledge of the folks here, makes life easy for some folks to have access to all this knowledge here.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Rick58 and jonwoody like this.
  24. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

Beautiful! I know they are cm series monitors ( I have cm 10 S2, and the older 686 for surrounds) but what models are your surrounds? I’m wondering if it would be worth upgrading to the CM series?

25. Matt Richardson

The surrounds are B&W CM6 S2. I think the extra size is worth it for the rears to give a little more body to the back even just for sound effects. I know they aren’t ideally positioned but they sound fine nevertheless.

I think the real star my set up however is my Benq 2550 4K projector. This unit performs beyond my expectations with great detail and color that actually rivals my Sony 4K TV. Projectors have come a long way in the last few years.