Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

You sound like my wife.

AJB69, Crazysteve, BluTorch and 5 others like this.
  2. timind

timind phorum rezident

3. timind

timind phorum rezident

If not for the concrete floor, I wouldn't know this was a basement room. Great setup.

Manimal, Tim 2, pdf1964 and 2 others like this.
  4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

You should be more careful with your cigarettes.

Tim 2, bever70, Rick58 and 1 other person like this.
  5. wownflutter

I 'll just borrow some of her Red Man.

Tim 2, tyler8, Rick58 and 4 others like this.
  6. timind

timind phorum rezident

Gotta love those Hoosier ladies.

7. wownflutter

Firing the grill up to smoke some ribs.
    Several hours of drinking and music commencing now.
    :D

Tim 2, Rick58, jonwoody and 4 others like this.
  8. pdf1964

pdf1964 Tainted Member

Mine still has the Tone-o-matic setup. Bypassing that made a noticeable difference? There is a shop in Omaha the specializes in vintage tube gear repair. I could have him take a look and see what bypassing that would entail.

9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Keep in mind that the amp was recapped at the same time that the Tone-o-matic was bypassed, so it's hard to say for sure, but I have never liked loudness controls on amps.

It should be easy to do and totally reversible if you don't like the difference.

See this thread on Audio Karma:
    "I removed all four leads of the PEC from each channel of the volume control and now there's a lot more clarity and no more muddiness in the bass."

And this one:
    "The difference in quality is very substantial. I hesitate to use the term "like night and day," but really, it's like night and day. I don't understand why that loudness circuit was in there to begin with. "

And another:
    "Removing the loudness circuit from my old VoM console amp made a gigantic difference in the sound. That loudness circuit sounded like butt."

Tim 2, Crazysteve and jonwoody like this.
  10. pdf1964

pdf1964 Tainted Member

Thanks for the info. I will look into this for sure.

Rick58 and action pact like this.
  11. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Certainly the original circuits were designed with a purpose in mind, of course tastes change etc..

My experience with a Dynaco SCA-35 verifies yours, I got it in 1995ish and was blown away. Listened as is for a while, then read up on mods in rec.audio.tubes and other newsgroups. First mods, bypassed tone stuff (which was in nasty little pack things pre-integrated circuits) and put in a nice Alps volume pot. Wow.

Modded things further over a few years, then sold it to a music lover who I hope is still enjoying it.

Tim 2, timind, action pact and 2 others like this.
  12. Audiobernd

Audiobernd Forum Resident

Spartan setup

[​IMG]

A_Lad_Insane, JUCO, Kyhl and 31 others like this.
  13. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Looking spartan but great! What kind of speakers are those? I just see headphones on your profile.

Tim 2 likes this.
  14. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Teufel, german online company...

Tim 2, Rick58 and jonwoody like this.
  15. Audiobernd

Audiobernd Forum Resident

Yes, but these are the Definion 5, their attempt to dip into the high end market. Brilliant speakers.

timind and jonwoody like this.
  16. jonwoody

I read the Fair Audio review translated by 6moons it looks like a very interesting design with the coaxial mid/treble unit and the sealed box. Glad you're digging them so much!

Tim 2 and Audiobernd like this.
  17. antony64

antony64 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Gyrodeck, Jelco SA 750 D, Benz Micro Wood L, Clearaudio Balanced reference Phonostage, Technics SL1210 MkII, Denon DL 103, TE Microgroove, Mc Intosh MCD301, Aurender N100 T, PsAudio Directstream J, Naim Supernait + Teddy Pardo PSU, Stax Srm 006 ts + SR L700, sotm smsl 2oo + Beyer dynamic DT 880 600 ohm, Harbeth M30.1, PsAudio PP5

18. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

[​IMG]
    Going vintage tonight with the Model 7 and the MC60s

19. bever70

Boys and their toys:

[​IMG]

20. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

That has to be the worlds biggest amp, being able to have three sports cars driving on top of it. Excellent amp A!!!

Slimwhit33, timind, hifisoup and 7 others like this.
  21. jonwoody

I had to look up that Talbot Matra Murena 1.6 no wonder I'd never heard of it they only made it 1981-2! Cool cars coo amp!

Clonesteak and bever70 like this.
  22. bever70

Thanks, I had one back in 2010. Drove it to work everyday while it was allready 30 years old. Engine in the back, galvanized chassis (NO rust!!!), Polyester bodywork, 3 seats in the front next to eachother. Our daughter was 10yrs old at the time and she adored that car because she could sit in front, in the middle seat in between us. She still talks about it today, asking when I'm going to buy another :D. Matra (not Talbot) was a groundbreaking company! Besides the Murena (with the revolutionary galvanized chassis) they also developed the world's first multi people carrier which was the....Renault Espace. The Murena was not fast, but you were sitting bum on the ground and one could touch the asphalt arm out of the window :laugh:.

23. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Cool, I just learned something new today: Talbot Matra Murena 1.6! :cool:

jonwoody and bever70 like this.
  24. bever70

There was a 2.2 version as well which had a Chrysler engine ;).

jonwoody likes this.
  25. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

Today's project was to retire the pic of the Possum I had behind my rig and replace it with a pic I took last week in Tampa Bay. My no longer functional 18'' sub also got removed and I'm hoping to replace it in the not too distant future with an SVS sp4000 or something similar. I like the extra open area with the sub gone but I sure do miss the extra bottom end the old sub provided.
    [​IMG]

oboogie, jonwoody, Jerjo and 2 others like this.