Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

the 802's are only for 7.1???

They're part of a 7.1 system. For two-channel I'm going straight from the Oppo 95 to the VAC integrated amp.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

2. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

Peter, I was satisfied with my Avatar SE until I saw and heard that amp. Drool
    :righton:

3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

What I'm trying to say is the 802Ds are the front L/R in a 7.1 system, but no, they're not only for 7.1. When I listen to two-channel only content, I go straight from the Oppo to the VAC to the 802Ds. When I need to do 5.1 or 7.1 I go from the Oppo to an Integra DTC-9.8 and use the Audyssey for room correction...and bypass the preamp in the VAC.

Yeah, photos don't do the amp justice. It sounds as good as it looks.

The Avatar SE is a great amp. You should be satisfied!

4. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

5. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

My Berning stuff is back from repair...bummer my McIntosh MCD-7009 is kaput...replaced with my reliable cheapy Panasonic DVD/CD player.

The JBL L96 are not usually out there to interfere with the 4430's, but I am trying a Woodside ISA230 Integrated amp...which is connected to the L96.

my new Woodside (ex Radford people)..
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Changed it up a bit

Got my new Salamander Designs Archetype 5.0 rack today...got rid of that giant, crooked German thing...

Sweet rack...oh so easy to level the TT & it allowed me to pull speakers out of corners to get rid of some muddiness.

Attached Files:

7. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Very nice, indeed! Enjoy!

8. keanoking

keanoking Forum Resident

looking good and the JK album is essential!

atb
    kk

9. Faust3D

Faust3D Sick of it all

Can you tell me more about that Woodside pre?

By the way Berning stuff is always very interesting, he has the most unusual designs. I just got an interesting pre made by one of my friends who makes all kinds of wild stuff, reminds me of bit of Berning in that he does not care much about how stuff looks and goes purely for the SQ. Here the insides:

[​IMG]

A few years back he made this monster using GU80 tubes.

[​IMG]

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

how about a shot of mine from a somewhat unusual angle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HiFiGuy528

HiFiGuy528 Formerly Dj_AmTraX

I love your pioneer Elite collection.

12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I dig the Japanese robot.

13. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

I love that amp he made you..:righton:

The woodside is an Integrated amp...4 6L6, 2 12AX7 and 2 12AT7's....inputs for CD, Aux, Tuner and tape in/out..I thought it had a phono but it doesnt. Made in 1996 I think. it was 1900 UK pesos when new...

Berning, he is awesome and very accesible. I made him laugh as I told him that I waiting for the 30th anniversary editions of the EA230 and TF-10...

14. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

A cast chassis. How did he manage that?

15. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Must be from something else he found.

16. av98m

av98m New Member

OMG I played that game when I was a kid! And I never knew there was a toy!

17. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

[​IMG]

this looks like it is powered by a fruit cake :)

18. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

That was my first thought too!:D

19. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

The VAC, like other integrated amps and pre-amps, can have inputs, sometimes called "HT Bypass", which allows you to have your AVR pre-outs for the front speakers connected to the VAC and the VAC will act as a power amp only. The AVR will still control the volume to all speakers.

But at the same time you can have source components connected directly to the integrated amp. The AVR will be turned off and the integrated amp will be the heart of an 'old school' 2-channel only setup.

20. Philimon

Philimon Member

SEGAAAA. :love:

Cool room MacGyver. The only thing I would change is to get some smaller furniture for all your AV gear.

21. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

It shoud run forever... :winkgrin:

22. james

james Summon The Queen

MacGyver, I have to say, you're an interesting character to me.

this photo reminds me of the cover of last year's Channel Pressure by Ford & Lopatin.

[​IMG]

23. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Downloaded a new iPad app today that allows you to combine multiple pics you take with your iPhone or iPad camera into one panorama shot. Used my music room for a test pic, clearly the iPad camera is not the best and I still need to practice a little on angles and sharpness, but thought this was still pretty cool.

[​IMG]

24. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

Great googly moogly !! Great pic shows best that this is a room filled with musical extravaganza of the highest order - all those tubes, Finite Elemente racks, NAIM gear, CJ amps and Wilson speakers... Surrounded By Sound that is the right term me thinks..

Wished I could hear Atom Heart Mother in there.. still my favorite Pink Floyd record - the MFSL throws such a wide sound stage and all those everyday sounds always surprise me with it's realism - a trend started there and taken to extremes with The Wall and on Amused to Death by Roger Waters solo - anyway it is the long suite with the wicked choir, that never ceases to amaze me - my most played Pink Floyd album and what other group could be better suited to be played on such a set-up than old Pink Floyd ?

25. Faust3D

Faust3D Sick of it all

Old USSR military equipment case, check out the crazy amount of screws. Nice "paint" on the hand made transformer, right? It's a special coating that he uses that in combination with that cork reduces the mechanical noise and minor vibrations, there is a rubber mount with washers on the other side as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.