Post photos of your systems/rooms here!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dean De Furia, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

Here is my office system:

David

Attached Files:

2. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

And the one in the hotel room. I know that this looks lo-fi, but it really sounds pretty good. Imaging is pretty decent and these tiny speakers actually manage to produce some level of bass. Note the high-tech speaker stands!

For those unfamiliar, this is the Monitor Audio iDeck system. I stay at the same hotel every week but not in the same room. This requires a system that is compact and easy to put up/take down.

David

Attached Files:

3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Great travel solution Dave. I like the tube headphone amp also.

4. Doonie

Doonie New Member

Steve said we're not supposed to be ashamed of our systems, so here's a photo of mine.

Low points: That p.o.s. JVC home theatre receiver, those two RS Minimus speakers I'm currently using for the front channels

High Points: That vintage Pioneer amp, the vintage Hitachi turntable, the fact that those two things were donated to me, the Technics tape deck at the bottom (even though I haven't used it in years), those DCC discs so prominently displayed in the bottom, right-hand corner, ;) and those two Argonath statuettes on top of the right, front-channel speaker. :righton:

I use the Pioneer amp and the Cerwin-Vega speakers for two-channel music.

This is the nicest-sounding system I've ever owned and I feel lucky because it was assembled on a budget and it sounds great to me.

5. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

If it reproduces music and it makes your ears happy then it's the best system in the world :righton:

6. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I bought a new shelf for my system.

Attached Files:

7. inperson

inperson Senior Member

My bedroom system.

Attached Files:

8. inperson

inperson Senior Member

better view inside

Attached Files:

9. Doonie

Doonie New Member

:) Correct! I can't get enough of the warm, balanced sound it makes with those records I get for $2.

10. Doonie

Doonie New Member

Nice-looking floor standers! What brand and model are they?

11. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

Just in awe of these great systems, keep them coming

12. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

Very nice!

So, what's your favorite band? Hard to tell by the photo...

13. inperson

inperson Senior Member

They are 'Kones' speakers. A Chinese company that is out of business. I bought them 12 years ago. Good strong bass but the highs could be better. Real wood enclosures though.

14. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

Well, drastic downgrading and simplifying on my part..

Gone are the Bel Canto SET's, the Promethius TVC, the VPI and Thorens TT, and other stuff...

in comes a simple Allied 845 integrated tube amp, Altec tuner, Technics SL-150 with SME 3009 and the Parasound CDP is hidden from view...and the Sony Superscope A-555 tube R2R...JBL L-96's sharing duties with EV12trxb and Paudio Coaxes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Idler

Idler Active Member

Simple but pleasing system

Attached Files:

16. Idler

Idler Active Member

Another view

Attached Files:

17. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

Very nice! I've always liked NAD components. In fact I believe I have that same CDP.

18. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Very nice. You can't go wrong with NAD.

19. Are those Dynaudio speakers?

Count me in as another NAD fan--I had an NAD 513 CD player for years. It sounded SWEET . . .

20. Idler

Idler Active Member

Yep, Audience 42s - amazing sound for the size.

Ron

21. drh

drh Talking Machine

Hey, don't dump on your Minimus 7s--those were an amazingly good sounding value for the money, in my opinion the best thing Radio Shack ever sold. In general, congrats on achieving that most elusive and precious state, contentment with what you have which lets you enjoy music through it instead of worrying about it. Well done!

(That said, one small concern: don't you have feedback problems with the turntable immediately adjacent to those speakers? I'd be inclined to separate them a bit more, if possible.)

22. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I really like the Audience line :righton:

If and when I replace my trusty old KEF's the 72's will be on my list.

23. mrclassicman

mrclassicman New Member

Current Project

Not a very good picture but this is my current amplifier. The center piece is a dual choke input power supply feeding the two outer mono blocks. The tube compliment consists of a 6BK7B driver, a 6SN7 phase splitter and 807 outputs in ultralinear mode. The output iron has been custom wound. This unit is still in the break in stages but is already a solid performer. My other systems include a pair of Seths, a pair of Bottlehead Paramours, and a HH Scott 222-c. I am still working on everything so most of this is "Work in Progress". I am networked with some very talented and driven DIYers that make this all possible for me. In other words when I get into trouble I have good friends help me out! Love this hobby!

Terry

P.S. This is my first post on this site.

Attached Files:

asilker likes this.
  24. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Welcome to another Linda Ronstadt fan! :cool:

25. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Welcome aboard! Nice system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.