Postage refund on unused shipping label? - Discogs/Paypal

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by yesstiles, Jun 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

If someone cancels an order after I already pay for and print a shipping label, how do you get a refund for the postage from USPS?

Thanks!

2. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

If you can't can't a refund on the postage, I would deduct the postage from the refund. According to Discogs, there is no way for a buyer to cancel an order once placed without the seller's approval. Of course, this buyer may not have paid when the order was placed, but then again, it would be risky to buy postage until the order is paid.

I can't say for certain about any other website.

3. AaronW and Dave like this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A) If you created the label less than 48 hours ago, and you haven't used it, you can cancel it.

B) PayPal will take 2.9% non-refundable for any funds you refund. So if you refund the buyer, you lose 2.9%. This sucks. Bigtime. But not accepting a cancellation is super risky, too.

Or are you saying the SELLER canceled an order you placed?

In that case, they are supposed to refund the entire amount you paid them, including shipping. If they don't just open a case with PayPal and you'll win.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

The buyer paid, but I had to refund because no joke, my dog ate the CD as it was sitting on the desk waiting to be mailed. And the worst part is the cd was sold for $190 ha ha. I already paid for the postage and printed out the label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.