Power Cords with Kung Fu Grip Plugs

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Helom, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helom

Helom Forum member Thread Starter

This thread is not intended to debate the sound quality of cabling.

I use stock cables :yikes: in my systems and a couple of them don't fit very tight.

I'm soliciting suggestions for IEC type cords with tight clamping plugs, ones that'll retain their grip over many disconnects. I'm most concerned with with female ends as I have hospital spec outlets. $100 is the max I'm willing to spend, preferably less.

Maybe I should just buy a $10 hospital grade cord?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

PS Audio cords have excellent grip, but cost more than your budget.

That said, the real problem are the junk $5.00 IEC sockets found on just about all gear. Upgrading to Furutech FI-06 will solve 99.5% of loose cord problems. It takes a lot of pull to get a cord out of the Furutech IEC socket.

Helom likes this.
  3. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Shunyata is one. Alternatively, you can also try wrapping your IEC terminals with Teflon plumbers tape at their bases or wrap the D shaped outside of the cable that goes into the IEC jack to take out some of those mechanical gaps.

4. Just Walking

Just Walking Forum Resident

F1nut, The OP is looking for a cable socket, not a chassis plug. The FI-06 is a chassis plug.

But second vote for Furutech as a quality manufacturer; another option is Wattgate for a cable socket. Furutech FI15E(Cu) takes a lot of beating, or Wattgate 320evo at about the same price,

The OP would need to be confident to remove whatever the original cable socket is and replace with either of those connectors - or know someone who can do the work for them.

5. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

Furutech calls it an inlet. I call it a socket.

FI-06(G) & FI-06(R) | FURUTECH

And what I'm saying is you replace the stock IEC inlet/socket with this and it won't matter what power cord you stick it, it's going to stay .

6. Helom

I'm more concerned with the mechanical interface of the conductors. Basically looking for a female end with tight fitting recepticles :winkgrin:

7. Helom

I can do it but I'd rather keep that end original.

8. Just Walking

I'm confused. For clarity are we talking the end that connects to the equipment, or the end that goes into the wall?

9. Helom

I'm talking about the female ends of cords

[​IMG]

10. Just Walking

Hokay - then my reply was correct. If your IEC line socket looks like that, it is a 50c part and will have all the grip of cooked cabbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.