Power strip for my new dedicated lines?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WvL, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

I've replaced my main line, my panel, and run dedicated lines from that panel, but there are old ungrounded outlets going into that panel. I have a grounding rod, but I can't vouch for what's been done over the last 100 years.

My line connect with the main line and on the pole to the left and to the right are massive transformers. I've monitored my voltage for years and I don't have spikes or brown sags in power like other old houses. As for noise? I'm sure I've got a bunch.

Lowrider75 likes this.
  2. Lowrider75

Lowrider75 Forum Resident

Same here. My new electric starts at the service drop. But I can't afford to rewire the entire house.

3. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

The Brickwall is $289. How much is the Zerosurge? I didn't see a price listed.

4. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

All circuits are separated, but that does not mean isolated. They are balanced so EM fields are moot. How does one line sharing loads affect the other loads? The same way as 2 separate circuits, they influence each other since they are on the same bus.

Better with both, 99% strip, 1% line.
    Yes, 100% is better than 99%.
    With no cost consideration.

Anything is debatable, proof is elusive. It can be proven it has no impact of the signal going to the speakers but it can't be proven a difference is heard. The noise is not amplified. It is converted to DC and filtered. This is fact.
    A large C and L (power supply) is a filter.

The power comes from the service transformer and the whole house is drawing on it. Noise is present on all lines in the same proportions since it is a common bus.

There is nothing you can plug in that will change the sound of my system as long as what is plugged in does not generate audible (not electrical) noise itself. Unless the load exceeds capacity and drags the V down from 120 to below 110, and then only if cranked to 100%.

My understanding of electrical power is limited.

5. Ingenieur

Look at the email I just got

:biglaugh:

[​IMG]

WvL and Lowrider75 like this.
  6. Lowrider75

I've always liked the pyramid. Form does not follow function here.

7. big_pink_floyd_toole

big_pink_floyd_toole I am not a bat

That quote about the Hydra whatever belongs in the cringe-worthy hall of fame :doh:

8. Ingenieur

I may not be their target demographic :evil:

9. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

I paid $218 for a 2R20W, but they have a once-a-year sale in the fall. They own the patent to the technology and license it to Brickwall, etc.

bajaed likes this.
  10. Ingenieur

You'll love these then...

Overall, the Niagara is a fabulous piece of equipment that adds sheen and palpability to the music that are utterly addictive.”
    —Jacob Heilbrunn, The Absolute Sound, Editors’ Choice Award

“Transients of the struck notes sounded faster, less thick, more naturally expressed through the Niagara, as did the length of the notes' decays. ...Also more distinct was the sense of separation of the sound of the recording space from the image of the piano.”
    —Michael Fremer, Stereophile

“The musical improvements that result from using the Niagara 7000 to drive some or all of your system can be as fundamental as they are significant. It will make your system sound better, but more importantly, it will make it more engaging and more rewarding, even if that reward takes the shape of the frigid desolation of Shostakovich’s Leningrad Symphony!"
    —Roy Gregory, Hi-Fi+

11. WvL

WvL Improve the lives of other people Thread Starter

But it is 5 star rated :confused: :D

Ingenieur and jupiterboy like this.
  12. Lowrider75

No price listed for ZeroSurge, it says to call. Maybe it's on sale?
    Sale price $210 for the 2 outlet. 8 outlets is probably the better deal.

13. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

I demand a lot from my amps..

No it's not measuring RFI, it measures Electromagnetic Frequency, (EMF)

In the vid on page #5 the guy was testing conditioners while they all reduced the EMF nothing was as good as the Greenwave EMF filters. They are $30 each, cheaper in buying bulk for around the whole house. If you had one of these in your wall socket, and then what ever power strip or power conditioner for all the sockets you need, you would reduce almost all the EMF on the lines.
    Greenwave Dirty Electricity Filter - Greenwave Filters

14. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Watch what the Greenwave does about mid vid

15. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

This is very interesting that we all should watch as it's not audiophile, it's about our health with all this electricity around us. These Greenwave filters are designed for wellness and to filter our electrical we live in all around us. As audiophiles it's a plus factor as well to clean up the electrical to our systems, a win win. I'll be getting some of these for my main system in the living room and bedroom where I sleep with TVs Computers, phones and stereo

16. Ingenieur

This guy talks about those filters
    1/3 helps
    1/3 no difference
    1/3 makes worse

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  17. Lowrider75

Interesting, there are many noise lowering modules these days; all for audio. I'll check out this video plus the one posted by @Ingenieur .

I was actually happier when I lived next to the antenna farm. Can't explain why.

18. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

LOL, here's a longer vid, more about health and making a clean home from EMF. Very informative on many levels I never even thought about before tonight. I knew mostly about audio with cables and wiring but never about it's effects on us and in the whole home. Think about it many things have change in the last 20 years, we are surrounded by AC converted to DC devices. Nothing like 30 years ago and further back.....

19. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

I heard a very impressive demonstration of the Isotek power strip that was added to a dealer system that not only had dedicated lines, the store had a very expensive dedicated subpanel feeding those dedicated lines. The power strip still improved the sound. It was not a case of eliminating audible noise, because the system was dead quiet; it was a case of the system seeming to deliver more delicate sounding detail and better separation of instruments and singers. I did not buy the power strip, but I did buy two of their power conditioners which do an even better job than the power strip, albeit at a much dearer price.

Lowrider75 likes this.
  20. Lowrider75

That's what a good power conditioner does. It lowers the noise floor revealing the subtleties in the music, more detail and a spacious soundstage. Think of it like the S/N spec, there's higher signal and reduced noise.

21. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

They could really cater to the hifi world but something tells me the engineers there are not into power cords.

33na3rd likes this.
  22. Ingenieur

the same people wearing tin foil hats for EMR are 100 lbs overweight, smokers, drinkers, diets of processed fast food, drug users, stressed out, never exercise with poor sleep habits..

Start with the low hanging fruit.
    :agree:

23. h1pst3r88

h1pst3r88 Forum Resident

EQUI=CORE 1800mk2 + Deep=Core. Period.

Lowrider75 likes this.
  24. Ingenieur

Power is moot
    'Mic drop'
    :biglaugh:

25. h1pst3r88

h1pst3r88 Forum Resident

Correct. Noise in power is not moot... and neither is it mute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.