Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Best sound on CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andreas, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

The World is on my list of their worst remastered PFM. The second part of The Mountain after the choir intro has this badly swinging bass level that makes it not too cool... Up for sale now.

Over-remastered, sounds like amateur job.

IIRC, Ghosts, Chocolate Kings and Jet Lag were better.

Prefer to listen to the Japanese versions anyway.

sound chaser likes this.
  2. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I made the mistake of buying another Esoteric reissue recently (John Cale's collaboration with Terry Riley, Church Of Anthrax) and it was another disappointing ear bleeder. I love a lot of the bands that they handle, but they've demonstrated time and time again that they don't care about good sound. I'm sure that I'm better off sticking with the original release in this case.

3. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

yesstiles and sound chaser like this.
  4. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I'm honestly not familiar with their Manticore output, so I'd be curious to check this set out if the sound is decent. I wonder if it includes any bonus material.

5. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Neither am I. But it seems this is only a new boxed version of the four studio albums. That’s all, no extras.

6. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

7. I like the 2 Italian language albums more than Photos of Ghosts, but I think The World Became The World bests it’s Italian counterpart.

danielbravo likes this.
  8. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

Anyone heard the K2HD PFM discs? Curious about their sound. I got burned on the ELP K2HD's, which were brickwalled like crazy. Don't want to make that mistake again...

9. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

I cancelled my order for this unsure of the remastering, does anyone have opinions on the sound? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.