Price watch - Bob Dylan and The Band Complete Basement Tapes

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by gottafeelin, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Not bad, I still hold hope that .ca or .com come through but this is a decent starting point.

2. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Is there any indication that the tracks on either of the upcoming sets (2-CD or 6-CD) will be delivered by Auto-Rip from Amazon on November 4th? The listings don't say. On the last "deluxe" box set (Another Self Portrait) all of the tracks were Auto-Ripped except for those on the remastered CD of the original LP.

3. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wonder what would happen if we all canceled our orders on Amazon at the same time. I wonder if we would see a price dip...

Pawnmower likes this.
  4. Jack

Jack Senior Member

bullmoose.com is less expensive, gottafeelin

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They usually add the Autorip feature later, closer to release date.

6. gottafeelin

Sure. I think the absolute best deal so far is from the Dutch Amazon at $119.05, isn't it?

7. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Thanks. And that'll be when they cut the price, too, right? :)

8. gottafeelin

Bull Moose has the list price at $149.97. That means Amazon is selling the set for 1 penny over list price!

9. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

For now, jpc.com, at 106 euros including shipping, is the best option within Europe that I can find...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose is listing at $128.97. What are you looking at?

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

List Jack, he said list, aka MSRP. What the manufacturer suggests the price should be.

12. Moth

Moth fluttering by

Well, ImportCDs has finally added a BS 11 listing. I guess they're shipping on December 2nd...

It's one of, if not the, most expensive option at the moment. Although, it is a Japanese import and has Blue Spec CDs. Apparently, you get $200 off list price.
    $189.59 http://www.importcds.com/music/3959312/bob-dylan-vol-11-bootleg-series

Then, they have the Japanese import version of the 2 CD version (with 3D cover!?).
    $38.39 http://www.importcds.com/music/3959213/bob-dylan-vol-11-bootleg-series

Hopefully they'll be adding the regular versions soon. I think they were the cheapest option for BS 10, so maybe they'll follow through once again.
    I doubt we'll find it cheaper than what Amazon CA accidentally had it as, though.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    HominyRhodes likes this.
  13. Jack

Jack Senior Member

As always, thanks, Myke.

Myke likes this.
  14. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I think you mean the German Amazon shop (amazon.de, http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MXILU3S ), where it is listed at €100. There is no Dutch Amazon shop (sadly :( ).

I think the Amazon.de deal is slightly better as I believe that one has free shipping (to the Netherlands at least). But yeah, around €100 is the cheapest offer right now. Still a bit too high IMO.

15. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

The listing on Amazon.de includes a mention of it including the set as AutoRip, so I'd assume this to be true too (upon release date) for the other Amazons.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  16. gottafeelin

You are right. My mistake.

17. gottafeelin

I don't think AutoRip is available outside the host country. At least that has been my experience ordering from Amazon.co.uk.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  18. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

That is true. I've never been able to make use of AutoRip as I don't live in a country that has its own Amazon store. But what I meant was that if Amazon.de is including AutoRip then I think that Amazon.com/co.uk/fr/etc will probably also including AutoRip in their package sometime soon.

HominyRhodes and gottafeelin like this.
  19. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I thought of that too. Since it rocketed to #1 and has been a big seller, they probably think they can keep it at $149.99.. But I'm sure not sticking around at that price. The only reason I don't go with another right now is that I don't know how easy it is to cancel with said other retailer to grab a better price elsewhere.

They are doing the same thing with the new George Harrison box. Keeping it right at list price.

20. elborak

elborak Forum Resident

It's not "they" making that decision, it's "it", where "it" is the software that tracks buying and pricing trends and automatically adjusts prices to maximize profit.

99% of the time, no person is involved in the decision (other than, indirectly, the people writing & maintaining the software).

21. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

They maximize profit by raising the cost, thus having shoppers turn elsewhere? In the past, Amazon would start off lower and go up.. Now they seem to start at list price and they stay there for a long time, if they even move. When the Beach Boys SMiLE Session came out, it was $116 on day 1, $145 on day 2, and $172 on day 3. Yeah, more people will buy something at $172 than $116.

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I used the "tell us about a lower price" link. Hopefully they will lower to Bullmoose's price, if not I'll buy from Bullmoose.

gottafeelin likes this.
  23. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

Any UK buyers ordering from amazon.de? is there any risk in doing so? (extra charges etc), is postage free to the UK?

24. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

Not from the UK, but I assume it would be the same as it is regarding Spain: you get charged for shipping, around 5/6 euros, which is not abusive. I've ordered from them PLENTY of times, and have never had any problem, with customs, extra charges etc...

25. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

That is Amazon in a nutshell. They let you pre-order, alway give you the lowest price once you do. Have an easy cancellation policy. And, in fact, if they did ship it, and I found it elsewhere cheaper, they make taking an unopened return easy. The last couple (CSNY and ABB Boxes) wound up being cheaper at my local Indie. I am not surprised that Amazon is "trending upwards" on pricing. Amazon is typically competitive and I am expecting some reduction in price before Nov.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.