Prince: 1999 Super Deluxe box 5CD/1DVD or 10LP/1DVD [11/29/19]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ad180, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Same here.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Yes, both (get_importcds ebay seller). Good price. I just hope it makes it to Canada in a reasonable time.

3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought they did a second pressing pretty soon after it was released.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Yes but this is over a year later. So third pressing if you will.

5. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I think that was for the LP set, it went out of print but came back.

ad180 and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  6. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I'm wondering if this is maybe a secret/unannounced repress now that the rights have gone to Sony. Would be interesting to know from someone who ordered this new batch whether it's still by Warners.

7. Macca75

Macca75 Forum Resident

I just ordered from ImportCDs last night. I couldn't pass it up at that price even after converting to Canadian dollars. What just blows my mind is that it's already shipped! Now, the wait begins to see how long it takes to make it up here.... Very exciting about grabbing a hold of this after missing out the first time around.

8. blueslover99

blueslover99 Forum Resident

I've ordered successfully from get_importcds on Ebay in the past, so I was thrilled to pick this up at this price. After having a great experience with the SOTT box, I didn't think I'd get the chance to find the 1999 box.

9. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Ordered CD box from DeepDiscount with a coupon yesterday... $36.31 US delivered.
    Let’s see if they send it

10. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In snail mail today.:agree:

JoeWild, warewolf95, tmtomh and 15 others like this.
  11. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

IT SHIPPED!!! Wow. :)

12. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

Has it occurred to anyone that the Prince estate has released about 12 vinyl length albums worth of outakes in the last three years? Compare that to Jimi or Tupac.

warewolf95, tmtomh, Neonbeam and 9 others like this.
  13. Lance LaSalle

Lance LaSalle Prince of Swollen Sinus

Yep. Its staggering.

14. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

And for the most part this is HQ stuff. I find it hard to believe he slept in the five years between 1982 and 1987

15. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Arrived today. Mint. Amazing value at $36. Color me (purple?) happy!

16. Macca75

Macca75 Forum Resident

Mine arrived last Friday. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on this. What a fantastic set! Still digesting it all but those Vault discs are mostly stellar and the Detroit show just flies by.

17. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

Mine arrived today. Ordered on a US website, outer cardboard box is stamped in Ohio but shipped from Netherlands....

Anyway, it's on Warners.

18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, but Prince was WAAAAAAAY more prolific than Jimi. [I don't know about Tupac.]

19. Lance LaSalle

Lance LaSalle Prince of Swollen Sinus

I thought that was the point!

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  20. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Is the box itself a copy made in the US or in the EU? I think there is point in the Netherlands where it passes when it enters the EU, I have mine it transit and when I search on the tracking number it shows something to do with "NL" at the point where the US tracking stops. I ordered on New Years Eve, but still no sign of mine.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  21. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

The discs are made in the EU. Can't find anything on the sleeves or the box. But the insert with the tracklisting says Los Angeles.

I have had no shipping notice or tracking numbers at all. I got a confirmation e-mail when I ordered it, but have heard nothing since then. Was a bit surprised when a package from the Netherlands arrived today as I didn't recall ordering anthing from the Netherlands :laugh:
    Every single time I've ordered anything from the US I've been charged extra taxes and import fees. And usually that's the main reason I don't order from the US. But this particular box set was so cheap that even with added taxes the price would end up lower than the Danish retail price (when it was still available here).
    But no extra taxes this time meaning it was less than half price. :goodie:

I guess that NL stop is the reason why.

22. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I ordered with WowHD, there was a tracking number but no information what carrier it was sent with, so pretty useless really. After some googling I found a site where the tracking number called up information but the chain stopped at the point where it left the US on it's way to the "Post NL" destination and that was 7 January.

I figured at first, since it was sent from the US, that I would have to pay tax for sure (Swedish customs don't let anthing slip though anymore, you are lucky you have more lax customs), but reading the fine print at the site it says "We are required to charge and remit Value Added Taxes on shipments to certain countries as a requirement for doing transactions to those countries. If we are required, you will see this amount in your shopping cart and your order will be shipped to you VAT prepaid." Not sure if this applies, but I'm hoping what I paid incudes VAT, in which case I got it for about $50 (actually 400:- kr, since you're Danish). :)

Lance LaSalle, l-l-d and croquetlawns like this.
  23. paletro

paletro Forum Resident

Apparently the 1999 Super Deluxe CD Edition around 40 USD is now out of stock at imports-cds.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

That's what I paid too :)

I ordered the special "McCartney III" edition from Japan. With tax and fees I ended up paying $45 for it. So, yeah, that Prince box was dead cheap :goodie:

Lance LaSalle and croquetlawns like this.
  25. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I finally recieved my shipment from WowHD and did not have to pay any tax either! :) I understand the whole Netherlands thing now, it had been repackaged, or at least relabeled, so there was no sign of it originally coming from the US. If WowHD have this system I will start using them for US only stuff. I was a frequent customer with the original company (which started as CD Wow) years ago, but got burned when they went bankrupt and the new people that took over (I guess the current owners) didn't honor the outstanding orders, so I stopped using them after that, but I guess that's water under the bridge. The box must have been checked by customs though, because it had been slit open and not taped back together again so it was gaping open, also my postman had tried to push it down my post box, which was not even close to fitting so left most of it sticking up outside of it, so it's a wonder it was undamaged inside. (I'm not sure what's up with my postmen, a few days ago they just left a package of LPs out by my door, I almost stumbled over it when stepping outside, the usual way is they leave a notice for me to pick up things that don't fit the box.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021