Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Prince and Springsteen duet? Did this happen?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

Someone told me Springsteen was a surprise guest at a Prince concert (as a performer; there are interviews of Springsteen mentioning going to a Prince concert as a spectator). Supposedly it happened in L.A. Did this really happen? What did they sing?

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Matt: I wouldn't swear it never happened, but I have never seen a Bruce/Prince on any trader lists anywhere.

3. Grant

Grant Just chillin'!

Sounds interesting. Maybe they admire each other. It wouldn't be so surprising, you know.

After all, they are both about the same height! :D

4. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

There's ONE person who has it:

http://www.geocities.com/cowwig/

"I have other rare Prince material on cassettes(all the above are on cd) including the legendary LA Forum show with Bruce Springsteen on the encore, if interested just email me for a separate list."

5. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Doing some quick research, I found that the show was on February 23, 1985, at the Los Angeles Forum. Yes, it really did happen.

Unfortunately, the setlist I found for this just said "Bruce Springsteen Solo" as his featured number, so the setlist chronicler must have been more of a Prince fan than a Bruce fan. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.