Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Freek999

Freek999 Forum Resident

That would make my year!

2. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Simple first step please, insane this doesn't already exist: A box set containing every released Prince recording during the Warner years NOT on any of the Warner lps or soundtracks that consistute the official prince warner lp discography. All of them, every single b-side, single remix, single extended, soundtrack song not on the soundtracks that were all Prince. Then we can negotiate further....i'd be happy if that box set were cds but sure vinyl as well for those still into that sort of thing.

whisperinwind21 likes this.
  3. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Does this have its own thread yet?

4. thekid87

thekid87 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Even though I can think of many more great Originals, this is going to be an amazing set... and probably the first volume of many to come :wiggle:

Jmac1979 likes this.
  5. thekid87

thekid87 Forum Resident

6. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

7. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I'm thinking they're probably saving a lot of the originals in case they want to do a second volume down the road.

8. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I just hope with a 1999 expanded edition that vinyl fans don't get left out in the cold like we were with Purple Rain.

9. It needs to. I think the mods are going to lock this thread. It's been 3 years now with nothing that can't be said in its own thread.

10. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I dunno... I'm sure a thread of "What colored socks do you think Paul McCartney wore on Feb 5, 1991?" could go on endlessly and needlessly for six years lol

All due respect though, they should probably just rename this an "All Things Prince" thread

11. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

EVOLVIST likes this.
  12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I still cringe whenever I see a "RIP" prefix in a thread!:sigh:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  13. Exactly, or "All Things Prince (1958 - 2016)." Simple.

EVOLVIST and HotelYorba101 like this.
  14. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I don't see why this thread should be closed or why there can't be a general thread going that isn't for any spefic subject, it seems for example that at this time of the three year mark there was need to talk and this thread served a purpose.

About the thread title, the current one is my fault, sorry...:( It used to say "dead" and, though that was and is factually correct, I at one point got the idea that it could be changed to something, let's say, "softer", and this is how it turned out...

15. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

16. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Does it tear you up? :angel:

steveharris likes this.
  17. JayDeeEss

JayDeeEss Forum Resident

I think the Prince vocal version leaked fairly recently, so it had to be under consideration. I can't see them holding it for a Family Deluxe remaster. (If only.)

18. Be careful with what has leaked (I'm not telling you specifically, but just in general). We don't know what mixes will be on this new album.

It wasn't too long ago that a few people cried foul that "Nothing Compares 2 U" was just The Family track with Prince's vocals and some extra guitar bits. Duh! Because those tracks were on the multis! :) Yeah, you can make an all-Prince new track out of it, because those elements were unreleased in any form.

All that to say that many people use leaked tracks as a barometer for what a song should sound like, when really many of them weren't properly mixed to begin with.

Me, I welcome what's buried on the multis, just as I welcome full blown demos, newly mixed, to separate the boots from what now becomes an official version.

The only instances that I would be a little miffed about (but only a little) is if they redid previous mixes of say Dream Factory or Crystal Ball tracks, where we know they were mixed by Prince for release, and in some cases even mastered before being shelved.

Jayseph likes this.
  19. JayDeeEss

JayDeeEss Forum Resident

Yeah, I had to stop myself from typing "Prince demo".

20. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

That would be sacrelige, those albums were mixed, assembled and mastered. Given the repetition between them and Sign they (and Camille) would be unsuited for general release, but they seem to be perfect for the establisheed model of RSD releases, maybe next time. :)

21. zen

zen Senior Member

22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

BS. This person was just a presenter at a conference organized by the UN. She is not a member of the UN and absolutely doesn’t speak for them. Nice try though. You should start reading behind the headlines of your crazy websites if you don’t want to look like a fool.

Oatsdad likes this.
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

noname74 likes this.
  24. zen

zen Senior Member

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever