Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Crimson jon and Oatsdad like this.
  2. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

wtf? Has this site been bought by the flat earth no vaccine society website? All the crazy stuff and people i ignored for years are just mainstream nowadays. So i guess this is par for the course. Coming from the top and both sides of the spectrum. Conspiricy is the rule so i guess it's all germain and i'm in left field. Heck i couldn't stomach the X files for this reason. But, I thought this was a Prince discussion.

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Agreed and I hated to divert the discussion but there's no way I could let a link to a BS story stand if there's a chance someone would see that and think it's true. It's BS websites and info like he's posting that has caused freakin measels to increase by 300% in the world. :doh:

jhm and Oatsdad like this.
  4. zen

zen Senior Member

moops likes this.
  5. JayDeeEss

JayDeeEss Forum Resident

Prince was also an Afrocentrist. He had a lot of dumb opinions about things and seemed to subscribe to conspiracy theories at a compulsive rate towards the end of his life.

Chaka Khan had a suprisingly level-headed take on his deal.

Prince’s Closest Friends Share Their Best Prince Stories

Crimson jon likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

8. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

Great post! Any idea from what year this article is?

9. I'm pretty sure it's 1976.

10. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I thought this was interesting...

A group of women do a choreographed Tap Dance routine to When Doves Cry as a tribute to Prince:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

So I went to Paisley Park just now. One of the amazing things that we saw and heard was some unreleased music from the great man.

Turns out that one of the last projects he was working on at Paisley was a jazz fusion album, for Blue Note records.

They played us about a minute of one song (over some of his big studio monitors). It was a super funky thing, with the lead saxophone line treated to sound like a vocodered vocal.

Probably better than most of his other forays into jazz fusion. And I do hope it get released sometime soon!

13. Lukather

Lukather Forum Resident

The writer of the piece for time magazine is a forum member

Crimson jon likes this.
  14. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Some news about 1999 Deluxe: the violet reality

I decided to drop it here, a bit under the radar, since it's just rumours (but as these guys say, they have been right about this stuff before), and because, as it's a Warner thing, it doesn't belong in the Sony thread (there's enough confusion about labels already).

15. Orthogonian Blues

Thanks. Yes, that channel has been proven to be credible in the past.

So, it seems that an uncut version of Extra loveable is going to be included in 1999 deluxe. I just hope that the estate is ready for the inevitable tweetstorm...

16. Yost

I didn’t know Extraloveable is from the 1999 era. I have it as a 2011 (iTunes) single.

17. Orthogonian Blues

You might be thinking of Xtraloveable Reloaded, which was a rerecorded version of the as yet unreleased 1982 track Extraloveable.

The 1982 version is, as they say, a 'jam'. But it has some lyrics that would send the #metoo crowd melt with outrage.

Actually that's not fair. Those offensive lyrics would outage any decent human being, male or female.

Hep Alien likes this.
  18. Yost

I’m referring to this: Prince - Extraloveable
    In my country it was on iTunes for a while. It no longer is.

19. Orthogonian Blues

Ah OK. Looks like that was the version which was later included on Hit N Run Phase Two, and therefore a remake of the 1982 outtake that is apparently going to be included, uncensored, in the 1999 box.

Hep Alien and Yost like this.
  20. Yost

Aha. I checked the HnRP2 album and it’s the same track, but a slightly different mix. Also, on the album it’s written with an “X”.

21. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Original Jerk Out? How f'ing cool!

Hep Alien and jhm like this.
  22. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

That is perhaps the most questionable part, they make that conclusion on the fact that two tracks have explicit lyrics, but they're probably on the money with that too.

"Extraloveable", the 2011 single, features an Andy Allo rap, "Xtraloveable", the 2015 album track (originally "Extraloveable Reloaded", as premiered online in 2013), omits the rap and replaces it with horns.

It's a shame all those latter day singles aren't available. It's a bit diferent between streaming sites, Tidal has the most, Spotify the least, Deezer is in between, don't know why. "Extralovable" isn't on any of them.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Hep Alien likes this.
  23. Freek999

Freek999 Forum Resident

and then there's also Xtended Portion, which was "released" on Andy Allo's FaceBook page october 2012. Tracklength is 4.09 and it consists of a mostly instrumental coda to the song, with solos on piano, guitar, synth, harpsichord (probably synth). I have a mp3 where the two versions are seamlessly combined in a 9 minutes version.

I have no idea why PrinceVault doesn't mention it.
    EDIT: It also is known as remix, and as such is mentioned on PrinceVault

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Hep Alien and Yost like this.
  24. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

Hep Alien and Purple Jim like this.
  25. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Calm down sport.

Good on the estate, if this report is true, of not censoring the tracks. I remember hearing somewhere that Extraloveable was envisioned to be a Vanity 6 song at some point, so the lyrics are a bit turned on their head if that's true. Even if it isn't, we all know Prince isn't a rapist.

Hep Alien and opiumden like this.