Pro-Ject VC-S, for any who own one, which strips?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chester0711, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chester0711

Chester0711 Forum Resident Thread Starter

My Pro-Ject VC-S came with black strips and white strips. They both look quite different in there shape and texture. Any clue which ones are best or if they serve a certain purpose?

2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I’m interested to know as well whether anyone’s used the black strips? They are flatter than the white ones so do they reach the record or do you need to adjust the height of the record mount?

3. Chester0711

You definitely need to adjust the height of the mount when switching between the two. I found black strips at Music Direct. Shipped pretty fast too!

Also, I find the black strips work the best!

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

5. Chester0711

The seem to just work better? Fewer spins to dry record? Records play with less noise maybe?

6. Ghostdot

Ghostdot Active Member

How can you change the height of the mount?

7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I thought the purpose of the brushes was to protect the vinyl from the bare vacuum arm and also to potentially dislodge any larger particles. I can’t ses how they’d affect the playback quality but I’ll give the black ones a try when I run out of white ones.

I noticed that one brush always get dirtier than the other and it’s the second brush to hit the disc (i.e. when the record turns, the last brush to touch the vinyl is the dirtiest).

8. Chester0711

Changing the height of the mount is done with the little hex screw in the base of the mount.

Honestly, I just find that the black strips work better for drying the record. It seemed to take more spins with the white ones.....it was frustrating. Might be because I couldn't get the height of the base right with those?

9. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I’ve noticed the white strips can’t be found on ebay anymore. Aren’t they just cut-offs anyway from carpet or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.