Produce your own film,unlimited budget!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

With the recent trend of biography movies about singers, I would choose Marvin Gaye's life based on the book Divided Soul. Though I believe no one will touch it because many of Marvin's contemporaries are still alive and some may not be portrayed in a favorable light.

2. Love that one too, but I wonder if they could pull off The Mote in God's Eye?

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  3. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Thanks for the added insight. That explains it well as my own understanding of how Enigma decryption and re-encryption worked is limited.

Back to Pujol's involvement in the D-Day mis-direction, there are films of the fake tanks etc. that were set up to deceive the Germans. It's all surreal - you can't make this stuff up!
    [​IMG]

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  4. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Someone with more understanding of encryption has added to the article since I last edited.

I love that photo!

John B likes this.
  5. Chris DeVoe

I'm sure the Moties would be possible, as well as the Puppeteer and Kzin in the Ringworld novels.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Larry Niven was a superb writer, and I think he did well financially by optioning many of his stories and novels for film... only none of them were ever produced. There's a lot of Robert Heinlein stories that never got made either; Starship Troopers was a rare one that did become a film, but didn't do as well as expected.

SoCalWJS likes this.
  7. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Those soldiers are extraordinarily strong.

Phil147 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  8. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Unlimited budget? How about a real life Akira. Or has that been done already?

[​IMG]

9. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Or Battle Of The Planets!

amonjamesduul likes this.
  10. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I'd like to do a film about Darth Vader, which takes place only a few short months after the end of Revenge Of The Sith. It would deal with him struggling to adapt to life in his suit, with a few scenes of him in his chamber, getting his limbs fixed and the medical droids working on his burns. He would have nightmares about Padme, and you would see him struggling to get rid of whatever of Anakin Skywalker is left in him. He also would realize that he's always just going to be the Emperor's errand boy, and his hate for Palpatine is realized quite early on.

Also, I'd like a movie about Daniel Johnston (my avatar), a singer/songwriter who was (and still is) popular with the 'underground' music scene. He recorded a dozen low fi DIY tapes in the early to mid 80's, and he also was bi polar. There's an excellent documentary about him (The Devil And Daniel Johnston), yet I'd like to see a real movie about him. His story is pretty interesting, to say the least.

11. Chris DeVoe

The guy on the left is Steve Rogers and the one on the right is his friend Bucky.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Not that I know of. The Wachowskis could do a good job on this, using the techniques they did for Speed Racer - except the story would be less fundamentally stupid.

13. Chris DeVoe

Back then, all they had was puppetry and makeup and neither could make a believable Motie or Puppeteer.

Vidiot likes this.
  14. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

A science fiction movie where the Midwest is suffering from a chronic, massive locust plague. Government scientists develop a device so all they have to do is press a button and the locusts all die. (How this works I have not determined, but this can be finessed.) It falls into the wrong hands and the new owners are trying to tune it so it can work on humans, and even finer tune it so it could work on particular races. The race is on to find them before they do anything. This could even be a James Bond movie maybe.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Day Of The Locust:Mr. Bond.

16. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

I would spend the budget on a movie version of Roald Dahl's My Uncle Oswald.

[​IMG]
    I imagined a movie version while reading it in highschool and thought leading roles should go to Donald Sutherland (Oswald) and a young Jamie Lee Curtis (Yasmin), and Terry Gilliam should be director. Nowadays we'd have to look for a younger cast, director and a whole bunch of outstanding celebrities from different professions to play themselves, as victims :laugh:

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I would make a proper sequel to Halloween 5. If they can keep reworking the story with Jamie Lee Curtis, then I can rework the story with Danielle Harris. Maybe even have both of them as mother and daughter in the same film.

I don’t know how the story would go, but I do know I would lower the death count and make it less gory. I would want it to be more suspenseful like the first film. It would also be more haunting with Myers being more ghost like.

Another idea would be to make “Debbie Does Dallas” into a musical.

18. Chris DeVoe

I could totally see that! I love the x-rated Alice In Wonderland musical that Bill Osco produced.

eric777 likes this.
  19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

20. :righton:

I didn't set out to, but I've ended up doing quite a lot of research into this guy (through working on a book that includes mention of how he once swindled over $4m from Jeff Lynne of ELO), and there's definitely a much bigger story to be told...

Vidiot likes this.
  21. Chris DeVoe

Talk about an anti-hero. Who would want to see a film about such a miserable jerk? Why not the the Allen Klein Story?

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wow, that sounds amazing. A lot of artists have awful stories of getting screwed "legally" because of bad record contracts. One little hidden clause can definitely lose you millions of dollars.

ShardEnder likes this.
  23. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I would get David Lynch to direct 3 Philip Dick novels into a trifecta film series:
    The Zap Gun, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch and Flow My Tears The Policeman Said.
    They would be released in cinemas about 2 or 3 months apart then with additional footage would be broadcast as a series on cable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. alexpop

Cast, not bothered ?

25. alexpop

I’d finance a film for Director / writer Martin McDonagh, not that he needs the help I’d imagine. He’s only made three films ( well 4 if you include short film), and they’re classics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.