Produce your own film,unlimited budget!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Josh Brolin

[​IMG]
    Tom Hardy

[​IMG]
    Michael Shannon

[​IMG]
    Eva Green

That's all I got so far.

Ghostworld and alexpop like this.
  2. This isn't entirely accurate (based on my far extensive research into the same subject), but it's still a decent enough summary of what happened:

(From the book Godfather of the Music Business: Morris Levy by Richard Carlin)

First of all, there's no mention of the fact that Jet Records and CBS went on issue several full page advertisements in various music-related publications warning buyers to avoid UA pressings of ELO's Out Of The Blue due to these being "defective," plus it was later claimed by Sharon Osbourne in one of her autobiographies that Levy had been selling bootlegs, when in reality much of the inventory he acquired was technically legitimate, yet simply obtained through questionable means. Saying that, a former employee at one of Levy's subsidiaries recently suggested that any Nice Price branded copies of this album in particular may have been newly created for the purpose of selling directly to retailers with the intention of undercutting official Jet/CBS editions, despite being slightly more costly than so-called cutout stock. I won't go into the details of how this was resolved, though it's clear this deception is a key reason why even now Sony hasn't been able to accurately calculate how many units ELO was able to sell at its peak.

3. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Neuromancer directed by Panos Cosmatos.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

All steller. Not sure about Eva Green.

5. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I'd make a great film!
    Topic? dunno. Actors? dunno.
    I'd make it a good one though whatever it is..........

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about making movies!

andrewskyDE and alexpop like this.
  6. alexpop

Talking like a Hollywood executive. :D

7. Genre: War - The Great War, 1914-1918
    Director: David Fincher
    Film Title: Meet the Devil

Premise:
    It's not a new thought, but since a more modern remake of All Quite on the Western Front doesn't appear that it will get off the ground - and since I take it that my fantasy film has already been green-lit - It's time for a very realistic film about The Great War, a relative to AQotWF, seen from the British point of view.

My film would be based upon by Great-grandfather's experiences as a rifleman in the war, the son of a circuit rider (a travelling preacher), who has goes into the war a decided atheist - an outcast from his family - yet he begins to see visions g-d in the ghastly experiences of the war, recognizing them as two sides of the same coin: g-d/the devil, that death is somehow beautiful, yet wretched at the same time. This touches on the idea of madness, and what is "madness?" A person's outlook can determine what is beautiful and what is not, yet like AQofWF, the story doesn't have a specific battle to anchor it, the cast anchors it, as inevitably they are whittled away from the film by various fates, some of which can be viewed as fates worse than death.

So, basically we have a semi-psychological tale of war, that allows the viewer to feel close to the main character by asking questions we all ask, as to the nature of the universe and why we are here.

Cast:
    TBA - It's difficult to find a little star power for a film like this, while keeping it realistic and not too Hollywood Handsome. It would probably be a similar casting philosophy like LotR, only a little more on the lean side "stars."

Dudley Morris and alexpop like this.
  8. alexpop

WW1 : Rupert Brooke poet. “The soul with longing for dim hills”

9. Come to think of it, he could be a good choice for my Kardashian horror film as well. He has something of that Cronenbergian tone the film would need.

Juan Matus likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The only Philip K Dick story that's not had to be extensively modified to work successfully as a movie was Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly.

Ghostworld and Vidiot like this.
  11. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Check out Eva in Penny Dreadful which went for 3 seasons. She has an ability to be extremely intense, her overall acting flexibility might not be Meryl Streep level -but she's good!

Since my movie(s) is a Lynch affair I suppose Kyle MacLachlan would have to be in there somewhere...

Ghostworld and alexpop like this.
  12. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

I want to do a Kinsey Milhone film.

Sadly. That will likely never happen.

My only advantage is not being from Hollywood.

13. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

I would love to see that movie (Johnston) dome right. Bet you a nickel they’d name it Hi, How Are You, and go typical Hollywood on it. But if you did it in b/w 16mm, real indie style, I bet you could have a gem in the festival circuit.

I want to do a film about Nilsson and Lennon during the Lost Weekend. Turning an eye into what was going on at the time. Titled Hollywood Vampires

Grunge Master likes this.
  14. alexpop

She stole the show imo.

ubiknik likes this.
  15. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Joel Kinnaman is great too, gotta get him in this
    [​IMG]

I always thought that Joel Kinnaman and Idris Alba would be great in a black comedy buddy movie, so gotta get Idris too [​IMG]

Ruth Wilson as well
    [​IMG]

Lennie James is great too, may as well get him
    [​IMG]

alexpop likes this.
  16. alexpop

Yeah ..definitely Lennie James, that English actor can act.

17. Assuming time travel is possible, I'd go back about 15 years and produce a remake of MASH - although this one would be based on the lighter tone of the TV version rather than the original movie and book. Vince Vaughn would play Hawkeye, and Will Ferrell would be Trapper John. Director? Maybe Todd Phillips, who worked well with the other two in Old School.

18. alexpop

Beatles bio pic. Queen got a great bio pic. Tough job pulling off a Beatles one. Hiring a director / cast ..difficult methinks.

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Eva is amazing. :thumbsdowMeryl Streep!!!

alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

Comparison dreadful. :D

Ghostworld likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Penny Dreadful

ubiknik and alexpop like this.
  22. alexpop

Yep, Penny dropped. :)

23. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

In the wake of Rock biopics, I'd like to make one no one would care about, but would make this here moviegoer happy :D

A biopic about the recording of Pink Floyd's The Final Cut.

A tense, pretty slow paced movie. It begins during the Cannes premiere of the The Wall movie, with the first thing we see being Roger watching his own movie, and panning to the rest of the audience (particularly Martin Scorcese) looking a bit confused about the movie.

From then, we see the whole recording process of the The Final Cut album. Highlights would be the many arguments between Roger and Dave, the whole "producer's credit" issue, Nick as a slight comedic relief (but not too overused), as well as obviously the "I MUST NOT F**K SHEEP" incident, David's cocaine addiction and ballooning weight, and of course a couple of political rants by Roger. The movie ends with a montage of the The Final Cut video EP and news of the 1985 lawsuit by Roger.

An absolute bore, but a glorious one at that. To be given to some artsy director of your choice, with Adam Driver as Roger Waters and Karl Urban as David Gilmour. Maybe even some fan service and having Jack Black play Michael Kamen, but in a more serious fashion.

Borgia, andrewskyDE and alexpop like this.
  24. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Revenge of the T-Rex fighter Pilots!
    [​IMG]

25. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

or...

Project: the Death-novels by Terry Pratchett: Mort and Reaper man (with the added short story "Death and What Comes Next)
    Script: Neil Gaiman
    Director: Guillermo Del Toro

Too may ''fantasy'' had gotten a bit of a glossy approach and I think I'd like a darker one for Pratchett's novels

Chris DeVoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.