Producing The Beatles - new podcast

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Solaris, Sep 2, 2018.

1. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Wow Jason! Absolutely love this!

2. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Thank you Jason. I'm following you for quite some time now and this come as a treat.
    I was expecting a great episode, as usual, this got to be even better. Now sorry for the over the top compliments but you (and Chip apparently) deserve it.

Like if I needed a teaser for the upcoming Plastic Ono Band boxset...

Thank you for this, great great work.

Rupe33, Solaris and oboogie like this.
  3. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight Thread Starter

@Max Wilbury thanks very much! I hope to have a couple of interview episodes out soon, and while they won't be as session-centric as the typical episodes, I hope everyone will find them interesting.

batdude98, BDC, oboogie and 3 others like this.
  4. idleracer

idleracer Forum Resident

:edthumbs: This was 1st rate as usual.

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  5. Solaris

Just bumping this for anyone who might have missed it.

longdist01, ex_mixer and oboogie like this.
  6. KaptKopter

KaptKopter Forum Resident

Hi Jason, I loved it too and thanks to you and Chip, I may have to get the boxset when its released. I've listened to your whole podcast recently, so well done and well researched. Really enjoyed the Strawberry Fields Forever and Revolutions episodes. Looking forward to the interviews.:righton:

longdist01, Solaris and oboogie like this.
  7. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I got turned onto this podcast in one of the threads here. I haven't yet listened to the "Love" episode, but I loved every other one..
    Props, this is a fantastic Podcast. I hope it is around for a long time..

Solaris and oboogie like this.
  8. Solaris

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and even though I am not affiliated with Apple, I do hope it inspires you (and others) to get the box set. I've had an opportunity to hear it, and I think it's very intelligently put together. I recommend it to any fan of Lennon and of this album in particular. It blew me away.

longdist01, KaptKopter and aphexj like this.
  9. Ern

Ern Senior Member

Nice job! Thanks.

longdist01 and Solaris like this.
  10. Solaris

Quick update, everyone: since I got so many questions when the "third episode" of the Revolution "Trilogy" would be released, I renamed the episodes to clarify. I only ever intended there to be TWO episodes, with the "trilogy" referring to the three versions of the song: Revolution 1, Revolution 9 and Revolution (the single version). So now hopefully it makes more sense. Sorry for any confusion!

longdist01, Max Wilbury and oboogie like this.
  11. Solaris

Meant to post this last week when I released the new episode, but here it is: "My Sweet Lord."

Drawing on research and interviews I did for the book, All Things Must Pass Away, written with Beatles scholar Ken Womack, this is the first of two episodes exploring the production of George Harrison’s first solo album, All Things Must Pass. I cover the intricate and painstaking production of “My Sweet Lord," deconstructing the recording and speaking to a number of people who were there. And the biggest scoop of all, we get an exclusive sneak preview of the contents of Mal Evans’ diary entries about these sessions, courtesy of Evans’ biographer Ken Womack. Long story short: Mal wrote everything down.

Available on Apple podcasts, Google Play, Spotify and everywhere you find podcasts.

Also: the paperback edition of the book is coming out in June, and I've fully revised the text based on Mal's detailed diary entries and the material in the Uber box set the Harrison Estate released.

013 George Harrison, "My Sweet Lord" — Producing The Beatles : The Podcast

[​IMG]

12. idleracer

idleracer Forum Resident

:righton: Thank you. I began downloading it as soon as I clicked on the link.

13. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Great episode! Bring on part 2!

longdist01, Kermit27 and Solaris like this.
  14. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Another fantastic episode from @Solaris ! Thank you Jason

longdist01, Solaris and ex_mixer like this.
  15. Snoddywilko

Snoddywilko Forum Resident

Thanks.

I listened as soon as it appeared & can’t wait for the next episode.

Quality; as always.

Love & appreciate your work.

16. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I've loved it thus far. I wasn't sure if you were going to do more. I'm looking forward to future ones.

longdist01, oboogie and Solaris like this.
  17. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

This is exciting. I have the Kindle edition. Will I be able to update to the revised edition?

Love your podcast. Thanks.

longdist01 likes this.
  18. Solaris

That's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is. I'll see what I can find out.

19. Fields&Lanes

Fields&Lanes Forum Resident

Just bumping this as I have enjoyed your podcasts as well. Any updates on the revised edition of your book? Not rushing you, at all. I understand how there are many factors in our current environment that may cause delays. I look forward to getting the book once it is ready and thank you for sharing your work.

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  20. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

@Solaris , without giving too much away, have you considered covering "Dream" from Sentimental Journey, Richard Perry's work with Ringo, or "Live And Let Die" for future solo excursions?

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Best of luck!

22. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

New Episodes...awesome. I check periodically but just found out here.
    Look's like the Mal book may be better than I've expected.

23. Solaris

I'm definitely considering a McCartney solo track, and although I haven't decided which one, "Live and Let Die" is on the list.

It looks like September 6 now, according to the Amazon listing. I also still need to check if the Kindle version will automatically update.

Fields&Lanes, oboogie, Bevok and 3 others like this.
  24. Solaris

This will get lost in the main Revolver thread, so here's an Elements Mix of Good Day Sunshine I did over the weekend to highlight various bits of the recording, along with a slideshow of photos from the album sessions shot by Leslie Bryce and Robert Freeman.

https://twitter.com/PTBeatles/status/1569201521149071360

And I'm working on a mini-episode about the song for the podcast.

25. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

I think it's very cool that you chose this track because, unless my eyes are deceiving me, there will be no session takes or edit pieces from this track included in the upcoming Revolver deluxe edition.

Right off the bat, that all those cymbal crashes had to be overdubbed later (for some reason) makes this an interesting track -- it's weird how those overdubbed bass drum/cymbal hits sorta play against the straight quarters Ringo is playing on the original drum track.

oboogie, BeatleJWOL and Solaris like this.