Propaganda - A Secret Wish

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lost Monkey, Jan 5, 2013.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

cover look like ?

2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Oh.... too bad. I saw several "Secret Wish"es:righton:

Yost likes this.
  3. Neonbeam

One vinyl album and one cd - not even sold as bundle - seem unusually modest for ZTT. Let's see if the sleeve at least is a multi panel extravaganza. I mean... the title implies that this is focused on the album and not on the various mixes of the singles but I'm already a bit disappointed.

4. alexpop

Did they ever have a alternative Secret Wish album cover ?

5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Cassette used the back sleeve-
    [​IMG]

6. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

... Niagara Falls, NY. Heard it first on CFNY out of Toronto. It's a very special album to me for a lot of different reasons. What a great record!

noirbar likes this.
  7. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Already pre-ordered the 2018 LP and CD from AZ UK. cant wait for yet 2 more versions.

8. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

I would have loved a less censored version of the Cassette "Do Well" cover :love::love:

My "Secret Wish" :D

jamesc and alexpop like this.
  9. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

c-eling and Stuart S like this.
  10. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

jamesc and oldturkey like this.
  11. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Exactly the same for me... except for the Niagara Falls NY part.

12. alexpop

Noticed I've got the silver digipack ( 2Discs)one disc DVD. ( forgot about that one).

13. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

14. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Personally I'm well up for seeing the xPropaganda gig if I can. Mertens may have a point about the rereleased LP, but that's just what happens these days - just look at how often Bowie's LPs get rereleased. I don't know why he wasn't contacted, but I am not in the know about the relationships in that band.
    Fans are at the mercy of the artists' whims, so we then have to make use of forums such as this and SDE to make a choice what to spend our money on.
    I still have the original UK vinyl LP and the double CD, so it's not an instant buy for me - I'll wait for you guys to test it out first!

tin ears likes this.
  15. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Keep the originals if you wish, Buy the new one if you wish. I'll have both and all!!

16. Neonbeam

"Lied" & "The Lesson"? Man, I thought I knew all vintage Propaganda tracks.....

jamesc likes this.
  17. alexpop

How come MFSL hasn't did
    A Secret Wish?

c-eling likes this.
  18. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

If they've allegedly found the original master tapes what are Jakko or Steve doing??? Would give them a change from all the prog stuff!!!!

19. alexpop

There's already a 5.1 mix.

20. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Yes, but having heard the comments about it, maybe a better one...............

21. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    The comment, as left on Facebook.

SDE asked BMG to comment. The label came back with the following:

“This Art Of The Album reissue of Propaganda’s ‘A Secret Wish’ has been put together with new sleevenotes telling the story of this unique record via new interviews conducted with the producer Stephen Lipson and former band members Claudia Brücken and Ralf Dörper. In the run up to announcement it came to light that Propaganda band members Claudia Brücken and Susanne Freytag would be performing the music of A Secret Wish together as xPropaganda at selected live dates in 2018, the first to be announced being the London show on 24thMarch 2018. We decided to share this information in our announcement as it is obviously of huge interest to fans of the record, whether they intend to purchase this version of the album or not.” – BMG, 30 November 2017

pghmusiclover and Stuart S like this.
  22. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

What track-list would they use? :laugh:
    For a full digital recording my old US is about as audiophile sounding as I think one can get. :)

Neonbeam and The Panda like this.
  23. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I think it's just a cash grab now. People will still buy it - trying to convince themselves it offers something new for parting with their money.

This album was so well recorded, engineered and produced back in the 80s, there is practically no reason to ever bother with anything else.

24. Neonbeam

How is reissuing an out of print (on vinyl) album a cash grab? At the moment it's happening all the time.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  25. alexpop

Mobile Fidelity has just put out Donald Fagen's- The Nightfly- 45RPM boxset and that's a digital recording.