PS1 CD player reading issues.......

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by vintage4roger, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintage4roger

vintage4roger Member Thread Starter

Hi guys I am using a PS1 as cd player and I really like it very much, as far as I use it with original pressed CD the player reads the disc perfectly, I have not even remember than any been skipped or rejected, but so far I have mixed results with CD -R, some plays, some not, 70 to 80% are read, few times they skips, I wonder if this is a normal issue of the PS1 but for me is hard to think so, I have even older CD players made years before the PS1 and they read Cdrs almost perfectly, I just like the sound of the Ps1, what can I do to the Ps1 to improve the readability??.........

2. ivor

ivor Senior Member

I might sound silly, but do you mean a Sony PlayStation? If so, I remember there are some screws you can twist to alleviate skipping. Also, turning it upside down helped back in the day. Finally, you could try replacing the transport (evidently a common KSM-440). Hope this helps.

3. vintage4roger

vintage4roger Member Thread Starter

Thx, that will help, I need to check if the laser model is correct, I own the 1001 model, not silly at all, this is a great player, cant tell you think have super highs or super bass, in fact this player have a very and unique balanced sound, this is the only player I can use for hours without been sick of the digital sound, I like this player very very much......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.