PSB Image Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ben, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben

Ben New Member Thread Starter

Does anyone on the board own or have experience with the PSB Image Speaker line?

Specifically, I'm looking for opinions and input on the model 4T and 5T.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I heard them once , but I purchased Stratus Gold -is, and I really like them!

3. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I auditioned them!

And I agree, the Stratus are much better. Look at the Bronze in that price range, they list for about 1200 or so. They seem cleaner and had a touch better dynamics. They image as well as the 4 and 5 t but the Image series sounded a touch veiled compaired to the Stratus. I ened up buying a pair of Infinity Interlude 50's with powered 10" sub. These rivaled the Gold's but at the sale price i bought them for (less than have the gold prices), I felt they rivaled the PSB gold sound in many ways. The golds only exceded the Infity's very slightly in dynamics, but only just a touch.
    Back to the PSB Images, like I said, unless you get them fro the fir sale price of $399 (sometimes, B stock and the like), the Bronze will give you better sound, IMHO. Also, what type of electronics are you usein, yhe 4T may be better suited for bright Solid State amps. If your equipment is less than bright of already veiled (MOSFETS or some tube gear), the 4T will sound slow and unresolveing. The Stratus are not bright but just have much better detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.