Public domain movie database

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BradOlson, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks Bradley! I was surprised there are 55 PD Beverly Hillbillies TV Episodes!...I have half that on PD DVD's...quality lacking of course. I'm hoping for Season Boxsets! Any Rumors of future BH releases??

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

thanks Bradley. I see that they offer a service where they will custom create a tape of Movie Trailers. :cool:

4. BradOlson

All I've ever seen of Beverly Hillbillies DVDs are PD DVDs. Check an online store or a DVD site to find out when legit DVDs become available.

5. BradOlson

BTW, RetroFilm sells only to TV stations and video distributors as stock footage for broadcast and public distribution purposes but the database is a useful resource for film buffs anyway. This is a must link on Steve's site.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Bradley thanks...I own all available Beverly Hillbillies PD DVD's EXCEPT the dreaded MADACY label! Someday, we -will- see the real thing I'm sure. Heck, I never expected The Green Acres Season 1 Box set that's coming out in November! YES!!!:thumbsup:

7. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Yes, that shocked me too....great decision, though, let's hope the picture quality is worth the investment. The sound should be old '60s mono, no problem there.

The best argument for extending copyrights is viewing public domain anything--generally, it's total crap. Until Republic regained full rights to films such as ANGEL AND THE BADMAN and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, the prints circulating on VHS and laser were pretty bad. That changed when it was profitable for a company to invest in restoration.

Not that I'm crying over the Beverly Hillbillies. If I never see another episode again, no big loss.

Bring me GREEN ACRES, and box sets of THE FUGITIVE. Now there was a program for the ages. a definitive drama.

ED:cool:

8. BradOlson

Angel and The Badman is in the PD still. I know as I have seen a Madacy DVD, I have a DVD on Platinum Disc and there are other PD DVDs available on other labels. Plus, it is listed on RetroFilm.

9. BradOlson

The best Angel and The Badman DVD I've seen is the GoodTimes release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.