pulling out the white album for a listen

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andersoncouncil, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

These days it's usually early UK ("sold in UK") copy even though it's not in best shape. Before it was German white vinyl DMM copy. 1980-s UK mono is also good in it's own way.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Original UK vinyl mono pressing

3. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I prefer the original master tapes

Just kidding. I wish. Although I do know a collector with dubs of all 4 reels...

The odds of me ever having that is extremely low but I would like to get my hands on the prerecorded UK mono tape. The other mono Beatles tapes I've heard are very, very good and actually sound nearly indistinguishable from the mono CDs.

4. lee59

lee59 Member Envy

Interesting how the overwhelming number of votes for the 2009 remaster are not represented by the majority of comments on this list.

Are people afraid to say they like the remasters?

I have the stereo, mono and LP versions of the 2009 remasters and love them all. How can anyone listen to 'Everyone's Got Something To Hide' without jumping out of their chair?

My 'original' Apple vinyl was marred by the collection of pops and wear accumulated over the years. If a flat transfer of the original master is released, I'll buy it. But I might not enjoy it as much as I have the remasters.

5. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

My first listen was on a cassette.
    If only i could go back to that feeling each time i played it..

WhiteCass1.jpg

JulesDassin and lee59 like this.
  6. lee59

lee59 Member Envy

I was waiting for this! :)

Yayastone likes this.
  7. SteveS1

SteveS1 Forum Resident

I like both the Mono and Stereo 2009 CDs. My preferences between each are mainly for the Stereo but with four or five tracks in Mono.

8. richarm

richarm Senior Member

The mono is of course a great way to listen to this album but if I want to listen to it in stereo on cd I now go for the 1987 over the 2009 - more natural sounding and nearer in presentation to the original stereo vinyl (which I also have).

9. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

10. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

The last time I played it was a top loader mono UK. I play the 2009 stereo remaster on my phone. I also have a Dutch pressing from the 70's (sounds great), a blue box UK stereo, a Pathé Marconi pressing from UK plates (all -1) and French pressings (those suck), the numbered fatboy CD from 1987, the 30th Anniversary edition and the mono CDs. Probably the album I own the most copies of.

11. Kill Uncle Meat

Kill Uncle Meat Forum Resident

I listen to the original CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.