Pulverizing popsongs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

I think I goofed with the Wild-assed thread I started; I was kinda hoping for tunes that are amazing, jaw dropping pounders that never sold more than a handful of copies - instead, my ill-worded thread got a list of horrid songs you'd break up a party with - oops, my bad. Gotta like the poster who mentioned the Monks - man, they can empty a room AND manage to still be amazingly amazing! I'm fishing for garage ponders and RAB raveups that send you into orbit (and make L7 hodads wanna take off) - fer example, Herbie Duncan crooning Hot Lips Baby is soooo wacked I can't begin to describe how amazing it is. Cave Man Hop by Jerry Coulston is another one that has to be heard to be believed... Stinkbombs can be added to the Wild-ass thread, I'm gunning for astounding tunes that your average Joe would turn his nose up at with this thread...

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

How about The Smoke, Elmer Gantry, Moving Sidewalks,The Serpent Power, The Sonics,....

3. indy mike

Now we're talking - My Friend Jack (eats sugar lumps...), He's Waitin', 99th Floor - these are the kinds of tunes I'm craving like a fistful of Grippo's BBQ potato chips and an icy cold Double Cola in a 16 oz. returnable bottle!!!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Ahhh yes, Those were the days so exciting!

5. indy mike

Unfortunately for me, I was about 3 years old when those tunes came out!!! :) I'm playing catch up now, so garage-o-philes and lovers of sick hicks help me out here!

6. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

7. indy mike

Ahhh, you stumped me (now, don't tell me you didn't see that one coming!!!) :p

8. indy mike

Morning!!! Just played I Live in the Springtime by the Lemon Drops - not from the No-Gets box (oops, Nuggets monomaniacal mishmash of mondo mono boxed set - it's Moby Dick to my Captain Ahab...) - this one is stereo on a Collectables cd that's not too shabby soundwise - regular viewers need to be leery of older Collectables stuff cause they'd use any old source (frequently scuzzed out vinyl) to get the product out, but in the last few years they've mostly straightened out their act. Annnnyhooo, it's superb psychy pop (generally I avoid psych and it's tendency towards excessive indulgence), but this tune is tight and fuzzed out from start to finish...

9. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

OK - we're going the OPPOSITE way now.

I recently rediscovered The Inmates, an 80's British blues/rock band that came under the cover of the "new wave" scene. Side 1 of their ST will grab mucho attention, SOMEONE will have to ask "who is THAT?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.