Pure Prairie League - First 4 Albums on 2 CDs from BGO

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Killer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

Wow, no way. No wonder I liked her voice so much. Thanks very much for that. This is an instant purchase for me now. Does she sing on many other tracks?

2. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

Curtis is on the 2nd and 3rd albums, but not the first. I don't think there are any others, but I think there was maybe a cassette that came out post Curtis. I'll keep my eyes out for the two with Curtis. If I find one in a collection I might pick up I'll sent you a message and if you want it I'll sent it to you for what I paid plus postage. I wouldn't pay much for them, five bucks or less.

3. PPL Runner

PPL Runner Forum Resident

That's a real nice offer and thank you. If you happen to find them around that $5.00 price, I'd be interested.

lazydawg58 likes this.
  4. EdinaBob

EdinaBob Forum Resident

Nope - pretty sure that was a one-time event!

5. Strange. When CD came out it was that format that allowed for full shows/songs that had to be edited for vinyl.

6. So how's the mastering on the BGOs? Does it beat the RCAs? How about the Edsel Anthology ?(which is the best CD version of these albums IMO).

7. Keep in mind that there were many two record sets that were edited for release on one CD when CD times were 73 minutes and even when the maximum time of one CD was 79 minutes. It all comes down to economics for what they thing will sell.

For the record, I think that the 4 album set is pretty good. I haven't compared it head to head with the RCA CDs yet on how bright they are but IMHO, they sound fine.

8. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

Mike McCormick won the Cy Young for the San Francisco Giants in 1967. Not the Dodgers! Jeez!!!

lazydawg58 likes this.
  9. lazydawg58

Hey give me a break, I'm not a big baseball fan!:shrug:

steve phillips likes this.
  10. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

I'll give you props for being in the right division and a west coast team.

lazydawg58 likes this.
  11. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

My friend, you must remember,..... there is an eternal war in progress between Giant fans and Dodger fans. It can get dangerous to get caught in between 'em.

Giving credit for a Giant's accomplishment to the Dodgers, ..is like a red flag to a bull. ;)

lazydawg58 likes this.
  12. lazydawg58

I just saw the line up for the North Carolina State Fair. For the last few years they have booked NC related acts for their concert series at Dorton "worst acoustics in the world" Arena. They have American Aquarium, Charlie Daniels Band, & Branford Marsalis. On Oct. 23 they will feature, Pure Prairie League featuring Craig Fuller! Charlie Daniels is from the Wilmington area and BJ Bradham (basically AA is him and whom ever he hires to back him) is from Reidsville(?) and now Wake Forest. Marsalis lives in Durham and Fuller is a long time resident of Pinehurst.

Anyway it is nice to see that Fuller is playing, at least on a limited basis with PPL.

13. ^^
    Awesome. Love Fuller.

Anyone hear the BGO reissues of the first two PPL albums on CD? Still bottomless?

lazydawg58 likes this.
  14. steve phillips

steve phillips Forum Resident

A couple of years ago, an old friend of mine asked me to find some PPL albums for him.
    He lives up in the mountains and doesn't have access to good record stores. I found all these
    great albums in NM condition, a couple still sealed or in shrinkwrap. I was glad to do it for him,
    but at the same time I wanted to keep them. I haven't seen any as nice as those since. :sigh:

lazydawg58 and carlwm like this.
  15. Paul Corusoe

Paul Corusoe Forum Resident

Does anyone who has listened to this 2-disc set have an opinion he or she is willing to share on its sound quality, or lack thereof?

AlmanacZinger likes this.