DCC Archive Q for Luke Re: Stones and the Who

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

Luke,

I've always heard that there are much better live performances by the Who and the Stones than those documented on "Live at Leeds" and "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out." Is there a general consensus among either Who or Stones fans on which concerts were the best, and if so, are they available somewhere?

Thanks

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm NO expert on live Stones stuff - the only Stones live boots I have are some '60s stuff and some LYL alt mixes/outtakes.

As for The Who...I can't say I have an extensive knowledge of unreleased live shows, but from what I have heard, LAL (complete) is still the cream of the crop. Unfortunately most Who shows from their classic period sound really bad - LALC being a major exception.

3. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

Thanks anyway. I know Dave Marsh usually writes extensively on live shows in some of his books (I first found out about Springsteen's dramatically different rendition of "Prove It All Night" from his 1978 tour in Marsh's book) so I'll try and see is Marsh writes anything in his book on the Who, see if there's any info I can share. I'll try and do the same for the Stones.

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Well, The Who Concert File is a great book that outlines most every show the band ever put on. Well worth checking out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.