DCC Archive Q re: "Fun House" by the Stooges

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

Any opinions on how this CD sounds?

Thanks for any help

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Sounds great to me. Sadly, a lot of Stooges fans lost out on the Fun House Sessions box Rhino Handmade tossed out to e-fans only. Actually, I think "Funhouse" sounds a tad better than the S/T produced by John Cale, but I think thats more studio sound preferences. They're both great albums, although, like the VU, sold poorly.

3. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Steve, any chance DCC could have you do your magic on "Fun House"? :)

4. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I remember that set, but it seemed a little overwhelming at the time. I've never heard "Funhouse," but BMG's got it, so I figured it would a nice way of closing out my membership.

Thanks for the help, Sckott.

5. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

The Stooges Fun House box set sounds great, but it would have lost Rhino money if they put it through retail distribution. Only problem with the box set is that the group had the arrangements worked out before they entered the studio so there is not much variation between the different takes. I always found it funny how John Cale tried to emulate the Doors production on the 1st LP, doing extended tracks such as “We Will Fall”.

6. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Guess the rest of us will simply have to wait for Rhino/Elektra Traditions to release a single disc of the master takes... one of these days. :(

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Andrew ]

7. cvila

cvila Senior Member

Recently picked up something called "Declaraton of War - The best of the Funhouse Sessions" on vinyl. Cover indicates it was made by Rhino Handmade (RHN 2 7707 LP) but I don't recall them offering it on their web page. It was bought in a store that did not sell bootlegs, but the Handmade stuff is minimalistic looking anyway. Haven't listened to it yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.