Qobuz service added to Roon

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by StateOfTheArt, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I found a Chromecast Audio on eBay. They say on the Naim Forum that should work.

2. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

I was very excited to get added to the Qobuz beta because I sometimes have connection issues with Tidal (as in, it refuses to acknowledge I have an internet connection), but my God, this user interface is terrifyingly, horrendously bad for any artist with more than five or six releases. I tried to scroll through the Bob Dylan artist page and got frustrated and gave up.

3. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

FYI, In response to my comments about search, Qobuz customer service said, "I can confirm that an upgraded search is on the roadmap for the near future." It might not hurt to send them an email, if you're so inclined.

To me the search seems no worse than Tidal, and in many cases better, but that is a very low bar to set.

4. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I just signed on for the Qobuz trial and at least for the first few searches, It is better than I expected. I haven't tried very hard but I've found everything I've searched for on both Tidal and Qobuz. I must say that Tidal has always sounded good, but I've never been wowed by anything MQA via Roon, but the very first few High Res tracks I've tried on the new service have been stunning. In particular the latest Rosanne Cash. I have the vinyl and the hi-res is every bit as good.

I made this decision after once again connecting to Today via their own app and being inundated with Rap/Hip Hop which In have absolutely no interest in. I have nothing against it, just not my cup. It also bothers me that there is no way (other than Roon) not to have that featured on the home page. It especially aggravated me that the first LP to cone up this morning was particularly vulgar. Not offended, just tired of it.

I told Quboz what my interests are and the first page up was very well curated. So far, so good.

Patrick Cleasby and britt2001b like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.