Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" The Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lwh1, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

True.

warewolf95 likes this.
  2. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Queen Earns Highest-Charting Album in 38 Years on Billboard 200 With 'Bohemian Rhapsody'

"Queen earns its highest-charting album in 38 years, as the Bohemian Rhapsody film soundtrack surges 25-3 on the Billboard 200 with 59,000 units (up 187 percent) earned in the week ending Nov. 8 according to Nielsen Music, after the film’s opening in U.S. theaters on Nov. 2. Of its unit haul, album sales comprised 24,000 -- up 182 percent.

Bohemian Rhapsody is Queen’s highest-reaching album since 1980, when The Game spent five weeks at No. 1. (The Game includes Queen’s two Hot 100 No. 1 singles: “Another One Bites the Dust” and “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.”)

The Queen excitement doesn’t stop with Bohemian Rhapsody, as the 51-track Greatest Hits I II & III: The Platinum Collection vaults 194-9 with 39,000 units (up 662 percent), with 18,000 of that sum in album sales (up 380 percent). The album previously topped out at No. 48 in 2002.

With both Bohemian Rhapsody and Greatest Hits I II & III in the top 10, Queen has a pair of albums in the top 10 at the same time for the first time ever. They also represent the group’s seventh and eighth top 10 albums, overall."

3. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

They should have just made the film in 1982 :goodie:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

And make a tragedy, ending the film with 'Hot Space'? :cool: Burt Reynolds was popular in '82. Could have had him as FM. Got the 'tache too!

5. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Why "yuck"? It has plenty of great tracks on it. It's a decent album to introduce people to their music, including live material.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    brettster808, 905, Man at C&A and 5 others like this.
  6. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Exactly.
    My son and I were discussing it and I said that Fat Bottomed Girls being shown in concert in 1974 was just ludicrous and he asked me why?

I explained it wasn't written until Jazz and that it's not like Queen were short of a hard rock song in 1974...so why do such a thing.

The crowd surfing also bugged me.

But we both enjoyed the film.

7. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Queen is still shooting up in listener numbers and followers by the day on Spotify. Out of all the legacy artists, Queen landed behind only Micheal Jackson on Spotify before the release of the movie / soundtrack. Now they've shot ahead...

Spotify Monthly listeners...

Queen: 28, 323, 373

Michael Jackson: 26, 054, 562

The Beatles: 15, 578, 020

The Rolling Stones: 12, 262, 165

Led Zeppelin: 10, 589, 519

Pink Floyd: 9, 192, 547

The Who: 5, 165, 962

mr.dave, longaway, Brendan K and 5 others like this.
  8. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

I posted a list of inaccuracies pointed out on IMDb (post 1138) on his page...

Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody" first look

Lewisboogie and 905 like this.
  9. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Pretty amazing :agree:

10. Efus

Efus Senior Member

It was a montage of cities across the World "Im singing with my band, across the water, across the land", its a touring band song,
    in the context of the movie.

11. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Great stuff! There's no stopping them. How much more popular and appealing to new generations than The Beatles and Led Zeppelin? Incredible.

NunoBento, Sondek, 905 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I loved the film, but the crowd surfing got on my nerves too. Mainly because there's no way Freddie would ever have done that in his expensive one off costumes, but also because crowd surfing is naff, only done by singers who can't hold a crowd on a stage.

Maidenpriest, dbz and Lewisboogie like this.
  13. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I think it is as well.
    I'd like to know what the marketing budget for the film was, they hit it pretty hard in the 2 weeks up to the films opening here on cable tv,
    sports networks in particular.

14. HUH? Bruce Springsteen is one former crowd surfing singers who definitely held a crowd from on stage

905, BeatleJWOL, NunoBento and 4 others like this.
  15. NightGoatToCairo

As amazing and as confident as that man was on stage, I reckon he would have panicked and pooped himself had a crowd got hold of him :agree:

16. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Yeah, the British arent big on it, heard Noel and Bonehead mention it in an interview one time.

But cant hold an audience? Gee I dunno, this guy had everybodys attention at 4:05.
    This was a moment for me, the rip of energy that went through that crowd was something else.

JasonA likes this.
  17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Still naff and yes, very American. I didn't know Springsteen resorted to that, a shame as he is a great performer.

18. All the shows I saw of Bruce's in the 70s it happened. Also Iggy Pop, Jello Biafra and others from the mid 70s to early 80s.

905, Man at C&A and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Efus

Efus Senior Member

C'mon man, loosen up, have a little fun, its alright we're friendly and don't bite (for the most part)

Last fellas I seen crowd surfing was the Royal Blood lads making their way to the stage after opening for QotSA at MSG last year.
    They seemed to having a lot of fun.

Man at C&A and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Forgot about Iggy! The proof that I'm talking absolute bollocks!

Davido, NightGoatToCairo and Efus like this.
  21. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

Not sure he'd have been able to if certain sections of his fan base had access to him on that level....... :hide:

22. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Lmao at the idea of Freddie crowdsurfing... :doh:

Man at C&A likes this.
  23. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

There's a lot wrong with the film, a lot that just didn't happen or is at the wrong time by years, but nothing that stops the film being entertaining or spoils it. The crowd surfing was the only thing that made me think FFS and cringe.

24. NightGoatToCairo

?

25. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Possibly a reference to the ballet section of the I Want To Break Free video?

Efus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.