Queen Vinyl Reissues For 2015 (including boxed set and turntable)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stagnation, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boogieman

boogieman Forum Resident

I have the 30th Anniversary ANATO that Bob Ludwig 1/2 speed mastered and to me it is the best sounding LP version, better than the original UK Blairs cut. However, this was analog source

2. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply. Wow, I guess I was really lucky to come across one when I did.

3. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

The same sound quality/musical purpose as cover artwork, liner notes, etc.

I enjoy that stuff, in spite of the fact that you think it's "stupid".

Cheers.

4. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I'm not a vinyl guy, but it's cool that the set comes with a decent deck to play back your investment.

5. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

$30.99 for an individual album? Yikes! Hopefull they will be less on Amazon.

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I just don't really get 'collector bait' when it comes in incredibly inconvenient formats to actually play it. Also, ironically, Queen II is, by a decent margin, the most poorly recorded/worst sounding album Queen ever did (even though the music on it kicks ass). Sorry, that one thing just stuck out with me as being on the same level as a 45RPM pressing of Metal Machine Music in it's practical-ness.

7. fitzchris72

fitzchris72 Forum Resident

8. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Is it much more difficult to swap to a second record at the end of one side of vinyl? I don't recall thinking that swapping to the second disc of a vinyl boxed set was significantly more of a chore than flipping the first record ... but it's been a while since I tinkered with vinyl.

I think if one's stockings roll up & down in the first place at the thought of coloured vinyl then having a dark and light disc for Queen II is a nice idea.

9. Elek.-maxe

Elek.-maxe Forum Resident

I have one creme-white vinyl and another black vinyl copy (both european pressings), both bought in 1995/6. So , no: there were NOT only white vinyl in 1995

10. JJAM

JJAM Forum Resident

Pointless.

11. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Looks nice!

12. kevny657

kevny657 New Member

13. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

14. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Holy Moly... this one's gonna cost two arms and two legs!

Colin Allstations likes this.
  15. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Colored vinyl? Queen II on two LP's? Why?
    Standalone reissues actually look more interesting.

16. walrus

It is, a little bit, dealing with sleeves and careful handling (plus it's just one more LP to have to store). But I guess I just really don't buy into the 'collector bait' thing...I just want my side A and side B, regular black vinyl in a sleeve is perfectly fine with me. I'm just in it to listen.

17. walrus

Ah. I'd just only ever seen the white LP's for sale in the years I've been (fruitlessly) looking for one. They seem to be more common than black pressings, but I could be wrong. I've always really liked that album, even though it's probably not a fan favorite. It was the only 'new' Queen album to come out after I became a fan, so I guess it has a special place in my heart.

18. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

19. It's not pointless if someone wants their entire catalogue in pristine condition. I picked up two used queen LPs over the past year and both were very crackly. I don't ever see them in good shape for less that $12 for the core albums. I'm one who thinks all great acts should have their records available

20. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

It does look great. I have almost all of these already anyway, but I'd love to get more details on the sources and mastering engineers.

21. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

It's all in the press release
    They couldn't get the master tapes in a usable format, so it's a new 96/24 transfer and a new restoration and mastered by Bob Ludwig pressed at Optimal

22. So, rather than just having Queen II pressed in its original black and white sides, each will feature on its own disc with the flipside of these being etched? While having a disc that's different colours on each side may not be possible, this just seems pointless... unless the point is to increase the price of the whole box further, that is! Also, I can't see any reason why Innuendo needs making into a double LP - the original CD version could easily have fit onto a single slab of vinyl, with the old edits unnecessary. Furthermore, has anyone else noticed that apart from the two previously unlisted tracks on Made In Heaven now having names, their order appears to have been changed? Since the formerly untitled Yeah was actually the end to the reprise of It's A Beautiful Day, how will this new sequence possibly work? Although it's long since been rendered obsolete, The Complete Works included a bonus collection of various b-sides. At the very least, the best selections from the 2011 remaster bonus EPs would have been welcome. Instead, as with most QPL efforts in recent years, this falls a little short of being the flamboyant, spectacular event their music deserves. Finally, if they're really going for the audiophile market (and that lengthy press release suggests this is the case), why used assorted colours of vinyl for each album? Yes, I get that they're designed to match the artwork, but won't the sound quality be compromised?

fsutall likes this.
  23. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

Order them in Europe, they are easily available in good condition.
    Having bought all these albums when they came out the first time, this set is not interesting for me. But there may be people who have fun with coloured vinyl, so why not.....

24. That sounds worrying... just like the decision to go back and turn up a kick drum that was supposedly left out of the original 1978 mix of Jealousy "by accident" for its appearance on the 2011 remaster of Jazz (which I suspect may have been a decision that Freddie made). Does anyone know what tracks on Innuendo have been affected, and how?

25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

"Mastered at Abbey Road" and "From original Master Tapes"

Does the word "Analogue" appear anywhere on this release?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.