Queen Vinyl Reissues For 2015 (including boxed set and turntable)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stagnation, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

'Living space' cop. Apparently I'm not a student anymore!
    She said the two copies of 'The Game' were the same when clearly one has a shiny mirror cover and the other is dull grey!

Neonbeam and DoF like this.
  2. 9 Volt

9 Volt That cat's something I can't explain

None of my gf's have ever understood why I needed to have 2 or 3 copies of the 'same' album. They just don't get it and probably never will. Once a gf noticed that I had two copies of Hounds Of Love (standard lp and a nice picture disc). She just looked at me and said "So you have a THING for her, don't you?!?"

...i must admit that at time she was right!!

3. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Half speed remastered:

Queen ‎– Queen
    Label: Virgin EMI Records ‎– 00602547202642
    Format: Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
    Released: 25 Sep 2015

Discogs Link: Queen - Queen

[​IMG]

Neonbeam and Sondek like this.
  4. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

It's a wonderful album, that. It's become one of my favourite Queen albums.

Shak Cohen, puelche, Neonbeam and 3 others like this.
  5. DoF

DoF Less is more...

It's a jewel, got this original UK pressing and to be honest, this remaster ain't an abomination at all, or maybe I love this album so much I get too emotional in my opinion :oops:

Man at C&A and Neonbeam like this.
  6. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It's always been one of mine. It was one of the first Queen albums I got along with Queen II because they were on the cheap Fame reissue label at the time and I could afford them with a couple of weeks pocket money. I also got the first two Iron Maiden albums first for the same reason.

Queen's debut is as good as anything else they did for me. As is Iron Maiden's debut. These albums, along with Led Zeppelin II were the first rock albums I ever owned at around ten years old.

cyngus, puelche, Neonbeam and 2 others like this.
  7. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Great record to have. Mine's a mint 1976 pressing (the original shop receipt is still inside the sleeve). I also think the remaster, which I only have on the 2011 CD, is very good.

My Queen collection is a set of the 2011 double CDs with the crappy bonus discs and a near mint set of original or near original UK EMI vinyl pressings, with a random pile of 45s and 12"s. I have some of the scarcer ones like the debut Keep Yourself Alive single and the original Bohemian Rhapsody picture sleeve. I also have all the DVDs.

DoF likes this.
  8. DoF

DoF Less is more...

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sondek and Man at C&A like this.
  9. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Do they have different front photos? That's your get-out clause.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neonbeam likes this.
  10. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Throughout the 90s and early 2000s original Queen albums were very common here. That's when I got a nice collection together without paying much for any of them. Over the last decade or so, with Queen's ongoing popularity and the vinyl revival, they've become more difficult and expensive to find in excellent condition. There are still a lot of well played average condition cheap ones about.

DoF likes this.
  11. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I despair!

DoF likes this.
  12. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

What's that about? I've never seen that top version of The Game.

DoF likes this.
  13. KAJ1971

Alas, no. Didn't know about that. One's Canadian though!

14. PretzelLogic

The original (lower photo, Roger with arms folded) is the original cover. The first EMI CD, the Crown Jewels box set and the surround sound reissues all use the alternate photo (John with Bike It t-shirt, Brian with hand on hip). No idea why.

puelche and Sondek like this.
  15. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

For me it was the other way around. When it came out, I was 14 years old and Queens biggest fan (since the age of around 8). Back then I liked and enjoyed it. But since since maybe 25 years it doesn't give me anything. Tried it here and then again, but can't stand it. It's the only record (besides Made in Heaven which I find worse and almost disgusting - but I do not count that one anyway) of Queen, that I don't like. Oops, just forgot about Flash. Another record I can't enjoy (besides the title track), but that's not really an album.... it's a soundtrack. :D

Man at C&A likes this.
  16. KAJ1971

'Flash Gordon' is great. When I heard that as a kid I knew all the dialogue and there's some a great tunes. I guess you have to like the film though.

Jerry Horne and englishbob like this.
  17. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

And to grow up with it :)

18. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

Absolutely. It's brilliant. One of my personal favorites ever since. Listened to the whole thing hundreds and hundreds of times. do not know many albums who survive that. Bought a "off with his head" copy around 3 years ago (have around ten in my collection) and it's my copy to go. The reissue doesn't do it for me, but hey - to each his own... But what a great record this is (no matter what format/issue)!

Sondek and Rigsby like this.
  19. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

I think it may be their best album So vital and full of energy and ideas. There isn't another I regularly listen to from end to end.

Man at C&A and mr.dave like this.
  20. PretzelLogic

What’s that? A pressing variation?

21. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

It refers to the early UK pressing (3U/2U), where „Off with his head“ was cut into the run out groove of side B.

For further details check here (under „barcode“):

Queen - Queen

It seems to be the first regular pressing.
    :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    PretzelLogic and Man at C&A like this.
  22. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Long thread - what is the verdict on these Abbey Road Half speed jobs? Any good. I'd only ever buy any up to and including "The Works" (skipping compilations and live albums, and Flash Gordon, which I already have a good copy of) - Thanks

23. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

They sound the same as the 2011 CDs. Have you heard them? UK first pressings sound better (the remaster of Queen II is good though).

englishbob likes this.
  24. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Don't actually have any Queen on CD.

I have a lot of 70's singles and Sheer Heart Attack / Jazz and Flash Gordon on vinyl from various points of the 70's and 80's. It was really between trying to source the missing gaps in between by either these new ones or seeking out 2nd hand copies.

25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What we’re frequently seeing from remastering jobs these days. Less edgy eq but with some compression and limiting.

Some people like it, some don’t. It’s a mid-fi sound to me - but to each his own.

englishbob and John Bliss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.