Queen's CROWN JEWELS Vs. Japanese Mini-Lp's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chiron, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron

Chiron Active Member Thread Starter

Even though I've posted this in another post, I really would like to know what is better in terms of sound quality, The Crown Jewels box or the mini-LP's from Japan. I recently bought Greatest Hits and Classic Queen, and I'm in love with this band. Now, I'm aware that there are MFSL's and a DCC Night at the Opera. I'm also aware that both the boxes and the mini-LP's are crappy, but I have to pick a poison. I found the Crown Jewels for dirt cheap on e-Bay. Matter of fact, it's about the price of one Japanese mini-LP...

I have a feeling I might have answered my own question, but I would love to hear some input.

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I think they're the same, at BEST. You should really get the crown jewels set from Disney Clearance on eBay. You'll love the music, and should you feel like getting the MFSLS and DCCs (which, frankly, you will if you like the music), you won't have blown a wad on the no-noised editions...
    I mean, 35 bucks for all that music? A steal!

3. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I got the Crown Jewels for $35 o ebay recently. It's a nice way to get an introduction to the band. The discs are terribly no-noised... annoyingly so but the music is still great. Try to forget the digital-ness and listen to the music. Then, after you're hooked, you can track down the DCC and MFSL and some nice vinyl. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.