Queens of the Stone Age - Vinyl Reissues Coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xfilian, Oct 11, 2019.

1. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

My pressing is nice and quiet. Cut by Chris Bellman at 45 rpm, it sounds great. If this batch of reissues are as good we are in for a treat.

ODShowtime likes this.
  2. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Put me down for Songs & Lullabies!
    I already have a great vinyl for Rated, and I don't care for the Era album at all.

3. dorium_tres

dorium_tres Forum Resident

for which record?

4. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Long overdue. Can't wait to get these, even though I have Lullabies and Era Vulgaris.

5. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ooops, forgot to quote! Like Clockwork.

6. Rottenstain

Rottenstain Forum Resident

Bizarre they are going to print these albums with the same front covers as the compact discs. I've got the 2000 European press of the Rated X, nice sounding record, missing a couple of minor features on the LP jacket and labels... a repress of the UK pressing would of been a nice addition to the record collection.

Records up on: Queens of the Stone Age UK Store

£30 for Songs for the Deaf...

7. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Strange that Songs For The Deaf doesn't include any of the bonus tracks from either the UK or US original LPs (since the others have their original bonus content included). Not that "Bloody Hammer" is essential, but that last side has room. Someone remind me, is "Gonna Leave You" the Spanish version on only the UK LP or is it on the US as well?

Universal don't have the rights.

That was my first thought too, strange selling point that the artwork is now "for the first time" the same as the CD instead of the actual original LP artwork.

Efus likes this.
  8. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Yeah I'll be able to get rid of it without too much hassle. Or maybe I'll listen to it. People seem to like it. I'm not pitching a fit, I think at least the VMP one is colored if I recall. Either way just happy to have it coming, and my copy is already paid for.

A month or so ago I brought a box of 50 junk records to my favorite store and got $50 store credit and sitting right there was a mint 1st pressing of And Justice for All...for $50 that came home with me. That was awesome.

John Bliss likes this.
  9. HoratioH

HoratioH Talk Sparks to me

I'm younger than half this board but vinyl reissues of QOTSA albums are making me feel old!

grx8 and baroquehoedown33 like this.
  10. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Yeah I know what you mean. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was at Lollapalooza in Philly and had to boot & rally during their set, which was mid-afternoon. They inspired me and sparked a rally that got me through a day that included Incubus, Audioslave, and ultimately Jane's Addiction. Those were the freakin' days! I would sleep for a week now after a day like that. What I did then was go to Toronto 3 days later and see Rush, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones at the largest ticketed event in North American history.

I just want to stay home and listen to records and sleep now.

John Bliss, grx8, oldjollymon and 2 others like this.
  11. baroquehoedown33

baroquehoedown33 Electro-synthemagnetic musical dork

YES!!!!!! Woohooo!! Been dying for a SFTD reissue for a long time! Cannot wait!!

12. villanova

villanova Forum Resident

Hoping the answer is "yes." I pre-ordered the standard version from Amazon just in case.

mcenters likes this.
  13. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Might’ve been me that bought it. Dammit. :D

I actually went on a discogs jag last year and filled out my collection of QOTSA and Kyuss vinyl. It’ll be interesting to see how the new issues compare.

ODShowtime likes this.
  14. funkyfoot

funkyfoot Member

I can’t believe it, after the Gorillaz’ Demon Days reissue here comes the SFTD reissue. I’m crying.

15. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

I don't want to panic anyone but I've heard rumblings from a friend who works in record sales that in their infinite wisdom Universal have massively underestimated demand for SFTD as they also did with the Mark Hollis reissue.

I'm sure in both cases more will be pressed and personally I'll be waiting for reports but if you want to absolutely sure of getting one you might want to pre-order.

16. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I had to buy two extra records, but the VMP deal sounds pretty good now since my copy is already bought and paid for. I could not fudge around on this one.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  17. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Yeah I'm still going for the VMP SFTD because, well its one of my favorite albums and looks sweet.

18. funkyfoot

funkyfoot Member

Is it possible to get only one record from VMP?

19. dorium_tres

dorium_tres Forum Resident

not if you're a new member. They only offer quarterly (3-month) subscriptions for new members. Now if you were a member and lapsed from years ago the option for a month to month plan is still available as a grand-fathered option. If there is surplus amounts of the album available after the initial release they will put them up available in the VMP store and if you were to find a kindly member that would order you a copy and mail it out to you when you received it, that would be the only way to get the record at its advertised price. Otherwise, depending how much demand, and if the record sells out with no represses (of the VMP version) then you'll be beholden to flippers.

Outside of that, I walked into my local shop and noticed quite a few copies of the bootleg version of SFTD. I found that pretty funny. Not sure what I'll do with mine, maybe leave it at the office.

funkyfoot likes this.
  20. BCJaysfan

BCJaysfan Forum Resident

Finally available to pre order on amazon.ca

21. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I will probably get SFTD. I have Lullabies MOV, which I like.

Haggis Wampovich and ODShowtime like this.
  22. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I actually think this is a nice touch so the originals retain their collectability. Besides: Isn't the CD artwork what most people are used to anyway?

23. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Songs for the Deaf was recorded analog or digital? It’s not really a big to me as I am very happy to finally get a copy, just curious.

24. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

So are they just not reissuing the self-titled debut, or did that already get a vinyl reissue when they were touring on it again several years back?

25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

It was reissued during that tour, yes.

Chrome_Head likes this.