Queens of the Stone Age - Vinyl Reissues Coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xfilian, Oct 11, 2019.

1. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

So, if I already have the better, "improved" version of Rated-R from Giz, and am pretty happy with it, should I go for the new vinyl coming out?
    I mean, will it be a substantial improvement, or close enough to not matter?

2. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Thanks! So is the difference just the colored vinyl? Or a different pressing plant as well...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Won't know until it comes out in a couple days.

Unclear. Details are scant for the general release, but I'd assume it's at least the same plates.

scotti likes this.
  4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I guess have to wait for some reviews and then look more into this if the new ones are really good pressings.

5. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

I just finished watching it and loved it. He’s such a well spoken and cool guy. I didn’t notice anything off about him. What exactly do you mean?

6. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I like the guy and his music. He just seemed to be rambling at times.

7. Black Stripes

Black Stripes Forum Resident

According to the submission for the black EU release the plates and pressing plant are the same (as it was expected): Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
    The submitter even left notes on the submission history regarding the matrix. He has a copy in hands obviously because he also submitted images. Therefore I think this source can be trusted.

8. Ninjur

Ninjur Forum Resident

Did Bellman also remaster the new R rated LP?

9. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Card charged by Amazon so should hopefully have by tomorrow!

10. If they reissue the self titled with the original artwork I'm all over it, otherwise the CDs are fine, I have a rule that if the CD copy sounds fine I don't buy a vinyl copy.
    Too many other albums to get to be doubling up

11. He was definitely talking at times and not making any sense, if he's into the Law of Attraction rubbish he's going to go a bit down woothe woo path.
    He did just divorce from his wife so he's probably a little lost at the moment.

12. dewiecox

dewiecox Forum Resident

Probably baked.

13. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Wow, didnt know about the divorce from Brody Dalle.
    He seemed pretty content being married.

He's got another Desert Sessions album out, and I've read he's going to tour on that.
    The publicity video for it is funny as Josh usually is.
    Billy Gibbons who played on the album with him, reaching out to suggest he'd like his parts to be taken off the album, just to add some mystery to it. Funny stuff.

paulbright81 likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I don't think they will, they didn't do it in 2009 so I would expect future reissues to follow that tracklisting and artwork.

That said new, ideally 2 x 45 cuts of "Blues For The Red Sun", "Sky Valley" and ".... And The Circus Leaves Town" would be very tempting. :love:

scarfaceclaw and Efus like this.
  15. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

For those who ordered all the reissues on Amazon, did you only have SFTD ship out and are waiting for Rated-R to ship? I was assuming both would ship at the same time.

16. dorium_tres

dorium_tres Forum Resident

waiting for Rated-R notice still. I got the VMP edition of SFTD.

17. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

I got a rated r shipment notice but I ordered from QSTA website

mcenters likes this.
  18. Stotty81

Stotty81 Member

My card got changed yesterday too.
    Sat here, Friday 22 November and it ain't even been dispatched.
    Ordered it on October 18th.
    Amazon UK are not very good these days...

19. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got my copy of Rated R from Amazon. Vinyl is immaculate and in a nice poly lined inner. Pressed at Pallas USA with Bernie Grundman's initials in the dead wax. Looking forward to listening this weekend.....

20. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Cool!
    How's it compare to the previous, red sleeved vinyl (the 2nd, improved one)?

21. Wooderson

Wooderson Well-Known Member

When did he get divorced from Brody again?

22. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Got my copy of SFTD in today. Sounds unreal. Way better than the original CD. Better than the original vinyl, too, which I've only heard through a 24/96 rip.

So glad this album finally got the proper reissue treatment it deserves.

23. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

He hasn't yet, they are in the process now, Brody filed for divorce last week, or something like that.

24. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

It appears Amazon had little or no stock of Rated R and have no dates for when orders will ship out. I’m hoping it’s not a long wait. I placed my preorder on October 11th. I am tempted now to order elsewhere.

25. dorium_tres

dorium_tres Forum Resident

yea i got one of those "please re-confirm your order" emails. I'm gunna pop by my local shops tomorrow and see if they have it in stock before I commit to an order.

mcenters likes this.