Quentin Tarantino's best film?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothictrade

gothictrade Well-Known Member

Im not saying best but my favourite is Death Proof

cwitt1980 likes this.
  2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Wow, so you're the one?

3. gothictrade

Haha, sorry, what do you mean 'the one?' :laugh:
    I just fell out of love with Pulp Fiction, I like cars, I love horror so the initial idea of how the killer kills was really interesting to me. Also I think the end where the women (without spoiling I'll say) fight back is really enjoyable to watch!

& The movie really makes me wanna surf the hood of an old car as it speeds down an open road

yesstiles and Carl80 like this.
  4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I was watching some scenes from Pulp Fiction the other night and the dialogue is incredible in most scenes, there’s so many quotes and iconic moments, real masterpiece in cinema.

alexpop, milankey and Ghostworld like this.
  5. gothictrade

Yeah! I'm not saying one film is better than another - But of course personal tastes and what one finds amusing or resonates what is currently rattling around their brain is going to influence the lines & scenes in a movie that actually stick with you! So . .. Death Proof :D

Carl80 likes this.
  6. peskypesky

peskypesky Forum Resident

the dude is one of the greatest cinematic geniuses ever.

I wouldn't presume to say what his best film is.

Hell, I can't even choose my favorite!

rocnred, Ghostworld and Carl80 like this.
  7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Okay, I'll concur that the last half hour of "Deathproof" is good fun. But the 75 minutes it took to get there.................excruciating. :laugh:

8. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Pulp Fiction seems to be the one that has it all. I personally love Inglorious Basterds as the topic hits close to home with me and revisionist history is pure fun. Probably the reason why I really liked Once Upon A Time...

aussievinyl, Jrr and Carl80 like this.
  9. Tim Crowley

Tim Crowley Forum Resident

Pulp Fiction is his best, but Death Proof gets an honorable mention.

10. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Interesting reply. I like Death Proof, too. But most would likely rank these as best and worst films, respectively.

11. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

Pulp Fiction
    Jackie Brown
    Reservoir Dogs
    Inglorious Basterds
    Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
    Django Unchained
    Kill Bill
    Death Proof
    Hateful Eight

alexpop likes this.
  12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Sure if there was a poll PF would come out tops ( maybe Inglorious).

13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Pulp Fiction most likely.

Hateful Eight was fantastic too (all his movies are though)

rocnred and alexpop like this.
  14. alexpop

Has QT ever named his own favourite film from his nine directed ones?

15. alexpop

When is the film supposed to be set period wise ?

16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Modern times. There's mobile phones with ring tones

alexpop likes this.
  17. teodoro

teodoro Forum Resident

When Inglorious came out, I remember him saying it was his best film without a doubt...

18. alexpop

Yes! He was very proud of Christoph Waltz performance.

Lightworker likes this.
  19. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I enjoyed Kill Bull 1 & 2 the most. So that is my favourite.
    Yes it's Tarantino playing all of the characters in terms of personality, but so what? Its great with a few beers and a pizza.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

My favourite as well, begs repeat viewings.

carrolls likes this.
  21. alexpop

Tarantino best acting ?
    Funniest in Planet Terror.

rocnred likes this.
  22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I watched Planet Terror recently with some 20-something's. They both thought it was embarrassingly bad and cheesy. I tried to explain how it was meant to parody a genre film from the 80's but they couldn't understand what that meant.

Oh, so sad for those ignorant of such things. They wish we had watched Avengers Endgame instead haha.

alexpop likes this.
  23. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

True Romance (1993)

I know most rate Pulp Fiction as Tarantino's best, but I'm more partial to True Romance (I also like Jackie Brown better as well) which I know I'm in the minority. The soundtrack, both instrumental score (Zimmer's "You're So Cool" theme) and music in the film is one of my favorites. Sadly, the Elvis Presley Estate wouldn't let any Elvis songs in the movie, as it ruined Tony Scott's plans to use an Elvis song in the opening scene. The script written by Tarantino, with the typical witty dialogue is also well casted. Tarantino thought one of his best scenes he ever wrote was in this film: the "Sicilian scene" with Dennis Hopper & Christopher Walken. Christian Slater would not have been by first thought for playing "Clarence Worley" but I couldn't imagine anymore else for the role... Same goes with all the others - Patricia Arquette, Brad Pitt (he has like 5 lines in the film and they are all hilarious... "Don't Condescend me, man.... Get some beer and some cleaning products!), Dennis Hopper, Christopher Walken, James Gandolfini, Tom Sizemore, Saul Rubineck, Michael Rapaport, Val Kilmer, Bronson Pinchot.. Brad Pitt, as the stoner roommate "Floyd", improvised most of his lines as well. Another interesting fact of the film is the difference Tarantino and Scott had on the film and it's ending, which I won't give away in case someone hasn't seen the film.

"I had to come all the way from the highway and byways of Tallahassee, Florida to MotorCity, Detroit to find my true love. If you gave me a million years to ponder, I would never have guessed that true romance and Detroit would ever go together. And til this day, the events that followed all still seems like a distant dream. But the dream was real and was to change our lives forever. I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so sh***y. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too." That's the way romance is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too..."

alexpop likes this.
  24. alexpop

Homage ?
    The sleazy seventies. :)

rocnred likes this.
  25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Pulp Fiction

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.