Question about the Placette Passive Linestage

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by senseabove, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not interested in a passive/active debate, thanks! You can take that to this thread.

For the 3 in/2 out passive linestage, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the faceplate and stack the units?

I liked the Placette 1 in/1 out "volume control" version when a friend brought his over to show me, but I need at least two ins and outs. Lucky for me, the passive linestage is equipped for that. Unlucky for me, I don't really have the space for something 19" wide without putting other heavy equipment like my tube amp on top of it.

Then I found an auction that shows it with the faceplate removed and the three units stacked:

[​IMG]
    However, I can't find any other shots or mentions of the linestage set up like that, and, suspiciously, the photos on the auction don't show any connections between the units. Can anyone confirm whether that's a possible setup with this piece of equipment?

2. senseabove

Bump for the 9-5 crowd...

3. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

is more of a rack adapter that the 3 units mount into, more than likely with screws on the bottom, so they should be easily removed.

[​IMG]

4. senseabove

Yep, that's the arrangement I've always seen it in. What I want to know is, if you do remove the rack adapter, can you stack the individual units, as shown in the picture in my original post.

Since that and other photos in the auction don't show any connecting cords between the units, and I've never seen that arrangement anywhere else, I'd like to make sure that the stackable version isn't some kind of a custom build. I know the builder will customize these if you buy them new.

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

I think you'll need to contact the manufacturer to confirm, as there must be control lines from the central remote unit to the 2 input modules, to allow for remote input switching.

input / output module rear panel
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.