question for mac users: is there an EAC for us?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by tone ded freb, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member Thread Starter

Same story, I downloaded the MissingMediaBurner and was able to figure out how to rip an audio CD to my computer, but try as I might I can't get it to burn the data to a CD-R.

I click start for the burn and it enters:

./cdrdao write --device IODVDServices/1 --driver generic-mmc --eject --speed 12 -v 2 /Users/stevehauser/Desktop/untitled\ folder/mycd.cue /Users/stevehauser/Desktop/untitled\ folder/mycd.bin

into the terminal window. Then it looks like the terminal window wants me to enter something else, but I have no idea what. Any idea what is wrong?

2. Pepzhez

Pepzhez New Member

Are you using a Superdrive to burn to? Is this the same drive that you are ripping from? Basic question, I know, but we'll start at the beginning in order to get to the bottom of this!

3. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member Thread Starter

No, I have an internal combo drive (burns CDs, reads CDs and DVDs) on an ibook G4. So, it is the same drive I'm ripping from.

4. Pepzhez

Pepzhez New Member

I may be stating the obvious here, but it's important to know that whenever you rip or burn using MissingMediaBurner OR Firestarter FX, you have to load the CD LAST. If the finder grabs it first (i.e. if it shows up on your desktop), the application will not be able to "see" the disc. This is why the terminal will tell you to "Load CDROM" after you have properly set up.

Another useful thing I neglected to mention earlier. Check "Show Command" on Missing Media Burner" before you press "start". Then, after you press "start" this will allow you the option to enter commands other than the presets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.