Questions for Ken Scott on classic sessions with drummers.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squids, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squids

Squids New Member Thread Starter

Hi. This is Dave from Sonic Reality. We're co-producing a series of drum sample libraries with Ken Scott. News is here: http://www.studioprofiles.com

We've already recorded Bob Siebenberg from Supertramp (quick clip here: http://www.youtube.com/sonicreality) and also Billy Cobham, two drummers that Ken has worked with in the 70's. The goal of the series is to recreate the sound of the drums and grooves from that era using Trident A Ranges and other hard to find vintage gear. It's a fun project! The documentation is pretty heavy and there are interviews with both Ken and the drummers so... I thought I'd give you a chance to ask a question or two and I can see if I can work it in. Here are the drummers in the Ken Scott Series so far:

1. Bob Siebenberg (Supertramp)
    2. Bill Cobham (Mahavishnu, Solo Artist...)
    3. Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs...)
    4. Terry Bozzio (Missing Persons...)
    5. Woody Woodmansey (David Bowie...)

So if you wanted to know anything about the original sessions Ken did with these great drummers or the mics used, drum sizes and brands or stories you've heard that you were curious if they were true or stories you never heard but want to... this is a chance to do that. If you wish.

Video interviews have already been made with both Bob and Bill. But we can still get more info from them. I am also interviewing most of the members of the bands Ken has recorded in his career so if you have ANY questions for them too feel free to ask in this thread or pm/email me. It's an on going thing throughout this year. If you are a fan of his work then there's a lot of great things to look forward to soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.