Quick Mamas/Papas/Bill Haley Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by voicebug, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi, Gang.
    I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to this.

I read 'somewhere' that Steve's 'Mamas & Papas: 16 Greatest Hits CD had a pressing where the track order is different. Is this true, and are there any other differences---sound quality, etc? How was the track order changed and what is the significance?

Also, really quick. I remember when I was a starving college kid I traded in my Bill Haley: Master Tapes and Vintage Music Vol. 3 & 4 CDs---BIG MISTAKE! One or both of them has 'Rock Around The Clock' with a 1...2..
    count before Bill Haley's voice comes in. Does anyone know which one has this extra count in? I LOVE THAT!

Thanks!!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Don't know about the track order...My Mamas & Papas CD has on the front of the CD "Compiled and Digitally Remastered By Steve Hoffman". Both the Vintage Vol 3 & 4 and Bill Haley CD's have the 1..2..count before Bill Haley's count. :)

3. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

My From the Original Master Tapes has it........but if it's anything like the Buddy Holly FTOMT then maybe somebody else's doesn't!!

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Well, I know Steve didn't use the same songs/order as the original LP. Could that be what you're thinking of?

5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The countoff is on my cutout copy of FTOMT by Bill Haley and is also on the Bill Haley's Greatest Hits CD reissue of the Decca LP on MCA which they actually used digital sources to recompile the compilation and added a few bonus tracks. The Bill Haley's Greatest Hits CD is a great companion to FTOMT for 5 additional songs including most notably, Skinny Minnie, which did chart in the top 40 but isn't on FTOMT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.