R.I.P. Anne Heche

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PoetDan53, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoetDan53

PoetDan53 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Dirkwkirk

Dirkwkirk Forum Resident

She was good in Donnie Brasco for a small part. Also the one with Harrison Ford.

fretter and Blair G. like this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

4. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Sad news. She was so young still. :(

Need to watch Volcano in her honor? :shh:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

God bless her soul.

6. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I enjoyed her in the short-lived TV show "Men In Trees", which suffered in the ratings due to it being shuffled around all the time.

7. 905

905 Senior Member

Not long ago I became a fan. I was recommended Return to Paradise (1998) and was knocked out by her performance. I streamed Cedar Falls on Prime last night.

8. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

Terrible news... R.I.P. Anne

9. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I remember her in some film where Christopher Walden was spanking Don Eladio actor ... straight to video flick.

10. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I'm not a fan of her work, but I sympathize with anyone who descends into mental illness. She must have been in tremendous mental/emotional pain.

11. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Very sad all around.

12. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I get that she had mental illness, which I also struggle with and am being treated for, but my sympathy for Anne Heche ends where the safety, livelihood and home of the woman whose house she destroyed begins. I hope she and the homeowner can sue Anne’s estate.

Anne made the choice to get coked up and drive like a maniac through a residential area. She also made the choice to keep driving after she drove into a garage, even after people tried in vain to get her out of the car. She made the choice to accelerate, which ultimately led her to drive through someone’s house. All their choices resulted in an innocent woman losing her home in the most traumatic of ways, and, sadly, Anne, herself, losing her life.

I’m truly sorry that her children lost their mother, but under the circumstances, Anne Heche is not someone to be celebrated.

13. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

That's not cool. The entire situation was tragic. Reading up on her life, this was just the end of a long line of mental illness and difficulties.

14. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Neither is driving your car through someone’s house, but here we are.

four sticks, Jrr, Kassonica and 9 others like this.
  15. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

:rolleyes:

eddiel, Sean, Dan C and 3 others like this.
  16. AKA

AKA Senior Member

This happened to a good friend of mine two years ago. Someone speeding through her neighborhood in the first weeks of the pandemic rammed into her house one night. The car exploded and her house burned down. She and her family got out, and it took her a very long time to get back on her feet.

In her case, the driver lived and will he going on trial the first week of September.

Again, Anne made poor choices, just like the guy who drove into my friend’s house. I don’t have more sympathy for Anne than I do that guy just because she died.

GMfan87', Sean, JJFlash and 3 others like this.
  17. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Mental illness is not a choice, neither is drug/alcohol addiction, the two in tandem are frightening and enormously difficult to cope with. The entire situation is horrible, and certainly the homeowner deserves sympathy, as do Heche's kids, but it sounds like Heche had a rough go of it for a long time. I've been there, and some people make it out intact to varying degrees and some don't. I hope she's at peace.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  18. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Sorry about your friend’s hardship. All of this is completely inappropriate for an RIP thread.

faceinthecrowd, trd, Amnion and 8 others like this.
  19. DVEric

Don't get me wrong, AH is 100% responsible for her actions. But like anyone else, I don't like to see people in emotional pain. There is no excuse for her actions; I agree completely.

20. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Same. As someone who, again, struggles with mental illness, I do hate that she was in pain and there is a level of sympathy there, but that sympathy ends when the agonized victimizes someone else.

21. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

No matter what it is a very sad tragedy.Rest In Peace.
    God help her kids.

22. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Sad stuff. :cry:

I hope that some organs went on to help someone.

Sean, MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  23. DVEric

My girlfriend is a psychiatric nurse, and I agree, the single worst aspect of mental illness is the danger to others -- no question. The stories she tells me every day are so sad. People come into her hospital at 18 or 19 and are totally beyond control. The one thing that helps, is the one thing they resist the most: medication. It's just a really sad hand of cards some people are dealt.

24. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Not to take this too far into the wrong direction, but not sure I agree with this. I have known several people who lives were seriously messed up by being on anti-depressants (they were in far worse condition with them than they were without them). Don't get me wrong, some meds can certainly be helpful in the short term, rather than getting hooked on them where you cannot live your live without them long term, but the kneejerk reaction of the medical community to just shove more pills down our throats never sits well with me. Don't feel well? Here, try this and let's see how it goes. Pass.

25. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Intent matters (to me at least). I doubt Heche intended any harm to anyone. Watching her in some interviews, she seemed very intelligent and principled. A good person. It's a very sad story. No one else was seriously hurt. Of course the person who owned the home should receive some sort of compensation from Heche (if she survived) or her estate. But I can't be all callous towards Heche for what happened.

Lots of bad people out there who commit crimes with intent and malice towards their victims. Carjackings, burglaries, robberies, kidnappings, murders, fraud, etc. Those are the people I have no sympathy for. Obviously Heche needed help. I'm sure people tried to help her but it clearly wasn't enough to prevent what happened on that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.