R.I.P. Anne Heche

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PoetDan53, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

I would say that a large percentage of the 100's of millions of people who are addicted to nicotine would "choose" to quit if it were only that easy.

2. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Tragic and very sad to hear this

MikaelaArsenault and 905 like this.
  3. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

It's a complicated issue, very hard to get and stay clean they say. However getting behind a wheel and potentially harming or killing someone is a choice period.
    Sad what happened to her, that she didn't get help, but also very sad for the woman who lost her home, possessions.

4. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I agree with your point, to an extent. But the patients my girlfriend deals with, aren’t mildly sick or people who feel depressed or have anxiety, these people are mentally ill in the extreme — committed to the hospital, sometimes permanently. Many of them are criminally insane, and have raped and murdered people. That said, they don’t shove medication down their throats indiscriminately. These people have to be medicated, at least temporarily. But psychiatric hospitals are very much concerned with the patient’s rights. So they do everything they can to help them without medication. But in most cases, if they don’t take some kind of medication, they start attacking each other, the staff, nurses and doctors.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, but I was only referring to the extreme cases my girlfriend deals with.

5. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

It appears she suffered a pretty severe brain injury from the impact that didn't start manifesting dire symptoms until several days later.

6. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I get what you are saying. :cheers:

To some extent, I am looking at it through my own lenses, as I have had spells of the blues before (never full-on depression, though), and I always thought, "I am not taking any meds/anti-depressants for this." I go to a shrink a couple times a year still when I need a good talk/vent (been seeing her for 10 years, she is awesome), and I have joked with her before that no matter how bummed out I get about this or that, I am not taking any meds for it. I can usually pull myself out of it. But I get that it is far more difficult for people with a mental illness, chemical imbalances, etc. In the grand scheme of things, my issues are pretty minor. Okay, enough about me, I did not want to make this thread about something else.

MikaelaArsenault and DVEric like this.
  7. DVEric

You don’t have to read the comments nor participate. This is a discussion board. Various ideas are talked about. What becomes annoying is when people like you have nothing to add to the discussion, but then try to police the conversation; try to control what people say or talk about. How many times do people need to write RIP before the conversation changes?

8. DVEric

Good for you. That’s great that you’ve developed the tools to deal with uncomfortable highs and lows without meds. Well done!

:wave:

9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't already a thread about the accident itself, before she actually passed away... it was all over the news during the past week.

RIP.

MikaelaArsenault, steveharris and 905 like this.
  10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Six Days and Seven Nights

Great lightweight fun, we watch it once a year, always enjoy it.
    Men in Trees TV series was good too.
    She had an edge that I liked.
    Sad

11. 905

905 Senior Member

There's a lot of footage on YouTube of when Anne played twins on a soap opera.
    When I became a fan, I checked some of them out and enjoyed how good she was early on.

MikaelaArsenault, TMRY and woody like this.
  12. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

If I recall correctly, she had an abusive upbringing. R.I.P. Donnie Brasco was a brilliant dramatic performance. I also really enjoyed

[​IMG]

13. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Speaking as someone who's never been drunk nor high in his life -- you need to do some research on addiction before you start casting aspersions on those afflicted with the disease. Maybe then you'd have some compassion for them.

14. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

There probably aren't many people who have never had a drink and then all of a sudden one day say, "I'd like to develop an alcohol addiction so let's start pounding booze every night."

Most people can drink, even a lot, and not get addicted. I'm no expert on addiction but I can imagine a person probably doesn't see it coming. It creeps up on them and then it has them and at that point it's too late.

intv7, blackstar, ralphb and 3 others like this.
  15. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I dunno how about at least a day?
    Geez.

16. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

I lived with someone with mental issues, i have nothing but pity and love for them. I was watching the live feed when they were trying to get her out of the car and I knew then it wasn't looking good, rip she was really good in Return to Paradise, underrated film

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's a sad story. Several people who worked with her on shows in the last 10 years are coming forward and telling their stories, and they say that Ms. Heche was very kind, totally professional, and the "least crazy" person they had ever worked with. Uncommonly nice and cooperative. I think this past week, she just had a really bad day and things spiraled out of control. I hope she isn't remembered for the awful way she died, but instead for her remarkable career and her fascinating autobiography, Call Me Crazy.

18. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Rest easy, Ms. Heche.

Goodbye to a talented, troubled soul.

19. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

R.I.P. Anne :cry:

20. 905

905 Senior Member

21. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

WILD SIDE, written and directed by the late Donald Cammell (PERFORMANCE, DEMON SEED, WHITE OF THE EYE). It was taken out of his hands by the producer and reedited with alternate takes to make it a typical late-nite softcore movie. Cammell had his name taken off the film, although it was restored posthumously by Cammell's editor Frank Mazzola.

Cammell was very complimentary of Heche in the interviews he gave around the time of production.

masswriter, MikaelaArsenault and 905 like this.
  22. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

Well, thanks for all that info tough guy.
    Oh, and adios amigo.

23. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

By all accounts of people who knew her despite childhood trauma all agree she had a good heart.I can’t imagine what some people go through in this life.
    It is good we are all offering condolences in this thread nonjudgmentally.For something so sad she was still a human and similar events could have happened to any of us.
    Many of us can relate to somebody similar we knew so publicized events like this can hit home.I agree it better to focus on the positive aspects of her life.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  24. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

That is so well said, Steve, thanks.
    I had a very close friend who died a slow suicide. She killed herself drinking. She left a lot of damage behind, but don't we all, at least to some degree? What remains as most important is that this friend was a good soul who never intentionally hurt anyone. I'm guessing those close to Anne Heche feel very much the same about her.

25. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Your girlfriend is a star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.