radio shack cartridge ( shure ) question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rodney sherman, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodney sherman

rodney sherman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Shure made a cartridge for radio shack. model rxt6. What model number does Shure use for it.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Whatcha trying to do? Replace a styli?

j/c

3. rodney sherman

rodney sherman Forum Resident Thread Starter

YES! Im looking at cartridges on ebay and this one came up under "shure cartridges". I know that shure manufactured stuff for radio shack .If Im thinking right,shure manufactured a v15v under a radio shack catalog number or model of sum sort !

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I't OK...but there are cartridges for the same price that will give you more resolution. Try Grado.

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Agreed. Although my personal choice isn't Grado, you can definately do better for similar money. There's one V15 / VxMR Cartridge from Shure that's nice (higher in price), but MAYBE a Grado, Rega or even an Ortofon (like an OM 10 or even a 30) would do fine, and that way you don't break the bank AND you're into decent Hi-Fi carts?

6. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I just bought a Grado Black for my sister for Christmas, and installed it for her, and I'll tell you ... I was shocked at how good it is for the money ($35). She's using it on an old el cheapo direct-drive table through a $25 phono preamp into a bookshelf system, and it's more than fine for that ... but even temporarily hooked up to my father's fairly hi-rez system, it was not bad at all.

7. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

Find out what Shure model it is based upon first. Then call Shure. They may very well ask you to send the broken or worn part in for a free or very low cost replacement. The V15 series is very nice and is made in the States. :)

8. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

Radio Shack also sold a Shure V15III series!

And I have a couple of them. They were based on and made by Shure. The model is even the same V15III. The only thing I remember is that they tended to hum if they were not grounded properly. They had a eliptical cartridge, and the infoumas Shure shock absorbing, static reduceing brush!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.