Radiohead- A Moon Shaped Pool

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Groovy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Automatic purchase. Hopefully, they'll have a high quality deluxe release on 45RPM clear vinyl.

Joe Spivey likes this.
  2. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Automatic purchase for me, too, even though my fandom for them has cooled more than considerably since 2003 or so. Loved In Rainbows...King of Limbs was a limp disappointment.

ausgraeme and Six Bachelors like this.
  3. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Over the last year I finally 'got' Kid A and their post Kid A work, having checked out after OK Computer back in the day. Been buying up the collectors edition for the b sides/live/EP tracks and enjoying the holy heck out of The Bends through King of Limbs (sorry Pablo Honey, still can't develop a taste for you). Eagerly anticipating the new album and a no brainer day 1 purchase here.

JeffMo likes this.
  4. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

:wave: I hear ya

5. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

No hu-way! Have you heard/seen the live / basement version of KOL? I like it much better than the studio version, but it also makes me appreciate the nuances of studio version more.

6. dadonred

However, I did not care for either their Spectre or Sam Smith's Spectre. The whole movie just seemed like a swansong for Daniel Craig, whom I enjoyed on prior movies. But... the new "Silent Spring and Desert Island Disk" I like!

7. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

That In the Basement with Portishead's drummer as an auxiliary member was absolutely astounding! Watching them layer all of that dense beepity clickity in a live setting was honestly mind-blowing.

8. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Yes, I have. You're right that it blows the studio versions away but it didn't make me appreciate the album more...if anything, it made me like it less than the live versions! :)

dadonred likes this.
  9. dthomas850

dthomas850 Forum Resident

I agree, I actually love both versions even though they are radically different.

ARK and dadonred like this.
  10. dadonred

"The Tourist" should be my theme song: Slow down, idiot, slow down!
    :p

11. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I am listening to Thom Yorke's latest album of bleepity blops so I am will download Radiohead's new album of bleepity blops once they put it up. Hopefully they give us the choice to pay what we want again. Radiohead with guitars = $10, Radiohead with Atari game sounds = $2.

ausgraeme likes this.
  12. It's amazing how many people complain about a Radiohead album full of blips and bleeps, yet every album hits the Top-10, on both sides of the Atlantic, selling buttloads of copies, despite very little radioplay.

Is it simple curiosity? Or is it because there is always a strong song beneath whatever clothes Radiohead decides to dress their music in?

It's the latter. Fo sho!

ARK, gregorya, oneway23 and 2 others like this.
  13. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you look at the link, you can see what it originally said.

Sometimes reading can be hard work too, I guess.

14. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

My apologies. I missed the antediluvian date of your original post. Thought this was all fresh and new. Deleted my jape.

:shake:

Groovy likes this.
  15. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm crabby today. Then I had to go and get the dictionary. Harrumph.

Yes, this old thread, where I jumped the gun, is back to haunt me.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  16. So, we could be getting the new album any day now? Wasn't The King Of Limbs released as a gift for Valentine's Day? I'm just saying, is all...

17. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I read about a UK concert date this summer and possible North American tour dates this July!

coffeetime likes this.
  18. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I just read this on Billboard.com: "According to a Primavera press release (via Rolling Stone) the festivities will include 'the presentation of the new album by the British band Radiohead.'"

oneway23 likes this.
  19. From the little I've read about this new album, it seems as if they've gone in yet another direction from The King Of Limbs, which is a collection of songs that only translated into a live setting once a few had been drastically reworked (Feral in particular really lived up to its name, unlike the relatively tame studio version). Hopefully this means something that will please fans of their older guitar-based sound without feeling as if it's a compromise, as happened with Hail To The Thief and some of In Rainbows. I for one would love another Kid A or even TKOL, which I'm currently spinning in preparation of the imminent arrival... Just as The Magic Whip by Blur was an early gift that wasn't surpassed as my favourite release of 2015, I'm hoping Radiohead can do the same this year with their own early offering!

oneway23 and coffeetime like this.
  20. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Part of the 'problem' we have is that Radiohead's last few albums have been announced & released in really short timeframes. We're going to be so disappointed if next week there's an announcement of a new album in, say, April or May...

21. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I can't see them going back to the tired industry standard of announcing an album 3 ore more months in advance of release.

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Radiohead to headline Japan's Summer Sonic Festival. My favorite fest - no buses, no camping, no porta-potties. Just a bunch of great bands playing in a venue 10 minutes from a train station. Perfect.

ARK and coffeetime like this.
  23. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

New album is imminent. New album cover posted on their fb and tour dates announced.

24. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

Can't wait...hopefully more info coming soon...instant buy for me

dadonred likes this.
  25. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

I expect another masterpiece. :D This will be their 8th one.

PhoffiFozz likes this.