Rainbow Rising Remastered version

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris75, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris75

Chris75 New Member Thread Starter

Hi guys. So, I have a question about Rising by Rainbow. I want to buy the album in CD format, and I wanted, more specifically, the remastered version, as seen in this YouTube video of Stargazer: . The channel says it is from the 2011 deluxe version. So, is this remaster exclusive to it or I can get it from a regular CD version as well (as I don't think I will get the deluxe edition)? And if so, is there a release date or specific remastered version I should check for (or a specific mix, la or ny for example) ?

2. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

3. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Catch The Rainbow: The Anthology [2 CD] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008NGHT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LYcpCbV6ZEBC9

I would like to recommend this set, which has the highlights of Rising, IMO, and this set sounds better than the Deluxe Edition.

Christopher B likes this.
  4. jeffreybh

jeffreybh Gunter Gleiben Glauchen Globen

the Anthology has the better mastering of the NY mix of the Rising material, but thr Deluxe includes both the NY and LA mixes of Rising and in my opinion the LA mix is much better than the NY mix and I think is what the OP is looking for based on the Video

danielbravo and mark winstanley like this.
  5. Chris75

Guys, thanks for your answers. I contacted the person who has the channel and he said this version is the LA mix of the deluxe edition.

danielbravo and jeffreybh like this.
  6. ganma

ganma Senior Member

If you want the LA mix I recommend getting an early Japanese Polydor CD. I recently got POCP-2290 and it sounds amazing.

7. Chris75

Thank you for your answer, I will check it out.

mark winstanley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.