Rare Sinatra 45 Value?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by wendigone, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wendigone

wendigone Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a rare Frank Sinatra 45 that I would like to put on eBay, but I have no frame of reference for its value.

The record is titled “It’s Time for You” b/w “It’s Time for You” Instrumental. It’s on a private label with the catalog number U-21863M.

The song was recorded in 1980 and was used by Chrysler in its car commercials. There’s a picture and some more info here:

"It's Time For You" - Page 3

I have no idea how to price this single. My copy is mint (as in unplayed). I can’t find the record on Amazon, Discogs, or eBay. I don’t know whether to start the bidding at 50 cents or 50 dollars!

Any advice from the Sinatra fans would be greatly appreciated!

Bob F likes this.
  2. I found a single listing for it on popsike where it sold for $25 in 2016.

Bob F likes this.
  3. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Here’s the original commercial, with a glimpse of Frank and daughter Tina Sinatra:

The single was distributed only to Chrysler dealers. It’s a valuable item for collectors of both Sinatra and Chrysler Imperial memorabilia. Other than the 45, the song has surfaced only on a now out-of-print Las Vegas promo CD.

I don’t follow the singles market, so I can’t offer an informed suggestion, but $25 sounds like a reasonable starting point.

Shawn likes this.
  4. wendigone

Thank you, Shawn and Bob.
    Your info gets me in the pricing ballpark I needed.
    Much appreciated!

Bob F likes this.
  5. wendigone

Bob F,

While we're on the topic, I also have a copy of the "Freedom to Swing: A Las Vegas Tribute to Frank Sinatra" cd that contains the song "It's Time For You."
    My copy is still sealed and in perfect condition. By any chance is this cd semi-valuable?

6. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Sure. Full details and track listing at the SFF:

FREEDOM TO SWING: A Las Vegas Tribute To Frank Sinatra

[​IMG]

I forget what I paid for my copy, but it’s been nearly 20 years since it was released (2001). I notice an SHF member paid $18 on eBay back in 2013, but it’s certainly more difficult to find today.

Some SHF posts about the CD and the original 45:

What are the rarest official Sinatra CDs?
    Sinatra Recordings Not Yet on CD
    1981 Chrysler Imperial Frank Sinatra Edition

7. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

@wendigone: Please let us know if/when you put the 45 on eBay.

8. wendigone

Thanks for the info, Bob. You're the best!

Bob F likes this.
  9. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Honestly if it's something that you can't find anywhere on Ebay or even Discogs, you could maybe get more than 25 if you're patient. You just have to wait for the one Sinatra completist with money to burn sees your listing.

joachim.ritter likes this.
  10. wendigone

cwitt1980,
    Thanks for the response.
    I agree it's probably worth a lot more to the right Sinatra fan. But I'm dragging my heels on selling it because I've never sold anything on ebay and I'm not sure I want to get involved with that whole scene.
    I wanted to offer the CD right here to Forum members, but the moderators told me I needed 50 posts to sell here, and I'm not even close, because I don't post a lot.
    So I'm still mulling things over...

11. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Perhaps an exception can be made? I would offer to start a For Sale thread on your behalf, but I’m interested in buying it myself. ;)

12. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

50 posts is pretty easy to get to... you found us for a reason. 50 posts is a good rule, because it keeps people away that want to use the forum as a fees free ebay.

Check out the music forum and off-topic. Once you get to 50 and sell your disc, maybe you'll even want to stick around.

Welcome to the forum

13. wendigone

fluffskul,
    You say I may want to "stick around," but I don't have to, because I'm already here! Just to be clear, I think this is the best forum on the web, and I've been enjoying it for many years. I just don't post a lot, because I enjoy reading other people's posts --- everyone here is so knowledgeable! Plus I've always believed that music lovers are the best people in the world.

Dave and fluffskul like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.